Customer Q&A in connection with Maersk’ Project Logistics
- From today we are going live with a new, global Maersk Project Logistics product, building on existing capabilities in North America and Europe. The new global product will enable us to partner with and service a larger proportion of our existing customer base with an enhanced service offering, further connecting and simplifying their supply chains with a ‘one stop shop’ approach.
- Project Logistics will add strength to our value proposition towards existing customers, and open possibilities to engage with new customers who rely on this service across industries such as renewable energy, power generation, automotive, pulp and paper, aid and relief, government contracted logistics, and industrial manufacturing.
- Customers in the project logistics market prefer logistics partners that focus on outcomes, can engage in long-term, strategic partnerships, and can satisfy their current needs while jointly planning ahead to meet future demands. Our unique and powerful combination of assets, capabilities, and scale will position us with a strong opportunity to win in this space and deliver real value for our customers.
Customer Q&A in connection with Maersk’ Project Logistics
Project Logistics is a specialised service offering within the global logistics industry. It combines traditional freight forwarding and transport capabilities with unique skills and competence needed for project planning, transport engineering, procurement, Health Safety, Security, Environment and Quality compliance, and contract and vendor management. It covers the combination of solution design, special cargo transportation, and project management services, including detailed planning, orchestration, and sequencing of end-to-end shipments from suppliers to destination sites ensuring that all cargo converges and arrives on time.
The logistics activities needed to successfully complete a project cover the integrated process of planning and executing the complete flow of containerized and non-containerized cargo from suppliers spread across the globe, ensuring that all cargo eventually converges at a given destination site in the right sequence, with zero defect, in full and on time.
As an integrated logistics provider of end-to-end supply chain solutions, Maersk is continually looking for ways to add resilience and agility to customer supply chains. By understanding customer needs and translating that insight into action, Maersk has updated its logistics & services strategy to include the creation and launch of Maersk Project Logistics (MPL). As a solution-based global product in the “Managed by Maersk” space of our Made By Maersk product catalogue, MPL will build upon the pre-existing project logistics services available at Maersk and be anchored within the Logistics & Services side of the business.
Maersk is setting up Maersk Project Logistics (MPL) as a solution-based global product, based on the integration of its pre-existing project logistics capabilities and the acquisition of Martin Bencher. The integration of Martin Bencher will allow us to significantly strengthen our Project Logistics offering through improved processes, new skills and knowledge, an expanded footprint, and enhanced quality management systems.
This will enable Maersk to provide more extensive end-to-end solutions for customers with complex supply chain management needs, requiring both containerized and non-containerized solutions.
Project Logistics provides comprehensive planning and the full scope of integrated, end-to-end transport management services to successfully deliver all cargo associated with a customer’s project in the correct sequence, on time, and in full.
Project supply chains come in all shapes and sizes. Areas in which project logistics can be especially helpful, are:
- Renewable Energy & Power Generation
- The Automotive industry
- The Pulp and Paper or Forestry sector
- Government contracted logistics and humanitarian aid organizations
- Industrial manufacturing and major infrastructure projects
Maersk Project Logistics will be available as a complete family of products from February, 2023 in select regions, and will be globally available by May 2023. We will begin introducing components of Maersk Project Logistics from January 2nd, 2023.
Due to the scope of Maersk Project Logistics and the expertise offered by the joining of Martin Bencher and Maersk, Maersk Project Logistics will be offered in North America, Europe, West Central Asia and Asia first. Plans to expand to additional regions of South America, and Africa are underway, and will be announced closer to their opening dates.
The planning and end-to-end transport of special cargo is a part of Maersk Project Logistics. Maersk will expand upon its existing Special Cargo Ocean product by leveraging the end-to-end, specialised transport capabilities of Maersk Project Logistics, thereby offering customers a one-stop shop for all cargo that requires specialised handling, transport and care.
Yes, Maersk Project Logistics works with other Maersk products. For customers in need of Project Logistics services, Maersk Project Logistics acts as an integrator for all of Maersk’s products to deliver a complete project supply chain solution.
Customers who require Project Logistics services value a high degree of control, reliability, and visibility for their supply chains due to the outcome-driven and time-definite nature of their business. Maersk’s Project Logistics offering, supported by its integrated network of assets and capabilities, can provide customers with an unparalleled combination of all these factors, paired with the ease of management that can only be found through partnering with a fully integrated logistics provider.
Maersk Project Logistics will serve the needs all Maersk brands and all customers but will only be delivered as a Maersk product and not under any other brands associated with Maersk.
Should you have any further questions, please reach out to your Maersk representative for more information or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We remain at your service should you need assistance.
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.