Cease acceptance of shipping instructions and amendments via email
Maersk has made significant progress in our digital landscape and capabilities, enabling us to provide an instant draft Bill of Lading on maersk.com for 80% of the documentation-related transactions.
Digital channels provide a significantly faster turnaround time for all transactions. With this in mind, effective January 9, 2023, Maersk will stop accepting Email channel Shipping Instructions and Amendment requests, except in the following scenarios.
- Partial container bills of lading involving multiple containers and/or shipments
- Amendments for partial container bills of lading involving multiple containers and/or shipments
- Amendments for bills of lading with multiple cargo descriptions per container
- Requests to create split bills of lading after draft bill of lading creation
- Switch bill of lading requests
Please see below digital options for submission of Shipping Instructions and Amendments.
- Via our Maersk website Shipments
- Via service portals such, as INTTRA, GT Nexus, and CargoSmart.
- Via direct EDI
If you are not already using one of these channels, please take steps now to get registered to ensure you are ready for this change.
Should you have any questions, please contact your local Maersk representative. Information for your local Maersk offices can be found at our Maersk website.
Thank you for your support.