Updated: Maersk extends acceptance of shipping instructions and amendments via email until January 31, 2023
To provide additional time for our customers to transition to E-Channel options for the submission of Shipping Instructions and Shipping Instruction Amendments, we will extend the acceptance via email until January 31, 2023. We encourage all customers to take steps now to prepare for this change.
Maersk has made significant progress in our digital landscape and capabilities, enabling us to provide an instant draft Bill of Lading on maersk.com for 80% of the documentation-related transactions.
Digital channels provide a significantly faster turnaround time for all transactions. With this in mind, effective January 31, 2023, Maersk will stop accepting Email channel Shipping Instructions and Amendment requests, except in the following scenarios.
- Partial container bills of lading involving multiple containers and/or shipments
- Amendments for partial container bills of lading involving multiple containers and/or shipments
- Amendments for bills of lading with multiple cargo descriptions per container
- Requests to create split bills of lading after draft bill of lading creation
- Switch bill of lading requests
Please see below digital options for submission of Shipping Instructions and Amendments.
- Via our Maersk website Shipments
- Via service portals such, as INTTRA, GT Nexus, and CargoSmart.
- Via direct EDI
If you are not already using one of these channels, please take steps now to get registered to ensure you are ready for this change.
Should you have any questions, please contact your local Maersk representative. Information for your local Maersk offices can be found at our Maersk website.
Thank you for your support.
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.