New container protection for all ocean imports into Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Rwanda through the Port of Mombasa
At Maersk your needs always come first. That’s why we are continuously trying to simplify the way you do business with us. Container damages can happen at any stage of your supply chain, so we have decided to introduce a new product to ensure you will not be liable for any damaged equipment (within the coverage limit) and will be protected against financial losses.
Starting on June 15th, 2023, all shipments imported into Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, and Rwanda through the Port of Mombasa will be offered a new product called Container Protect Essential.
Container Protect Essential
- Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, and Rwanda import through the port of Mombasa:
USD 10 for 20ft and USD 20 for 40ft*
- New product covers container repair and cleaning cover up to USD 150 per 20ft and USD 250 per 40ft
- It is applicable to all import shipments to Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Rwanda through the port of Mombasa. It is a new product included in quotations as part of our standard offering.
- You can also upgrade to Container Protect Unlimited that provides unlimited coverage for container damage and cleaning costs, across all commodities. Learn more about the products and prices here.
- For non-Spot bookings the effective date is from 15th June 2023 for Price Calculation Date (PCD).
- For Spot bookings the effective date is 15th June 2023 for Booking Creation Date (BCD).
*Read all Terms & Conditions.
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.