Houston-Los Angeles Rail Service Update
Effective today, October 28, we are pleased to inform you that Maersk has resumed booking acceptance for our import rail service from Houston into the Los Angeles market. Upon discharge from vessels in Houston, Maersk will arrange drayage from ocean terminal to the BNSF Pearland ramp where containers will load onto railcars for movement to Los Angeles Pier 400. Import containers will be available for pick-up or delivery from the Pier 400 facility.
- Transit time from Houston to Los Angeles is 6 days.
- Standard rail acceptance policies for the BNSF network (hazardous cargo, weight, etc.) are applicable for this routing.
- All import containers will be subject to tariff free time.
- For customers purchasing Store Door service, Maersk will continue to deliver shipments to their final destination.
- Please note there is no change for exports moving from Houston to Los Angeles to load vessels for ocean departure. This announcement specifically refers to Maersk resuming acceptance for imports discharging in Houston that need to reach the Los Angeles/Long Beach market.
As of October 28, 2022 the import lane from Houston to Los Angeles APM Terminal Pier 400 will be available for booking.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to continuously serving your global transportation needs.
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.