How to ensure timely cross border delivery
24 June 2020
Maersk MCS efficient services aim to consistently bring and amplify value to your bottom line. Right sized to handle your business around the world with global reach and local expertise.
- In business since 1899, , headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- VF is a global leading footwear and apparel company.
- Annual revenue of USD 13.8 billion.
- VF has work force of 69000 strong, and more than 30 brands in its portfolio,
- VF is as a customer that value speed and reliability as key values.
- Customer was facing a very big challenge in moving their cargoes from several factories in Phnom Penh area to Sihanoukville port and ultimately to Europe.
- Customer situation was further unfavorable as there was a trucking shortage in Cambodia in July, which also led to equipment shortage and port/road congestion.
Cross border solution
- To ensure VF shoes and apparel were still delivered on time, Sales and CS SCM came together with the cross-border solution to load cargos at Maersk vessels in Vietnam rather than in Sihanoukville Terminal.
- We proposed customer to revise their CFS/CY cargo readiness date in order to have enough time to truck cross-border from Cambodia to catch SV1 Feeder at Cat Lai Port with the same week ETD.
- The team then put hyper care on several initiatives to deliver the cargo successfully.
- Secured truck capacity from all possible vendors in Cambodia despite the shortage.
- Brought over the direct licensed head trucks and containers from Vietnam to fulfil all customer demand.
- Coordinated with overseas KCM and SCM program management team for closely monitoring/switching vessel allocation and arranging delivery plan for each VF factory.
The customer was extremely satisfied with the work Maersk presented. 100+ containers were delivered on time to Cat Lai, then to Rotterdam and Zdiby smoothly. This is the value of One Maersk where we can collaborate across multiple products to come up with creative solutions to serve customer needs and minimize the hassle of dealing with too many vendors, especially visible during tough times. More will come for sure as we continue on the integrator journey.
Anything you need, we’re here to help
We meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other.
Our dedicated team of experts are here for you.
Ready to ship?
Look up rates for new shipments and inland tariffs.
Sign up to our newsletter
To provide you with the right tools and the most relevant information for you to best manage your supply chain, please sign-up to our bi-weekly newsletter on global logistics.