How to improve customer customs operations
Maersk CHB efficient services aim to consistently bring and amplify value to your bottom line. Right sized to handle your business around the world with global reach and local expertise.
- In business since 1993, established in Bangkok Thailand, headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
- TAP is part of the Heineken group, and pride itself with best in class brands in mainstream and premium beer segments.
- Annual revenue of USD 150 million
- TAP employs more then 300 people and holds 18% of market share in Thailand
- The customer had a long standing relationship with an incumbent broker as they started doing business together over 15 years ago, however, they started to look for other options.
- Customer required to hire skilled labor for unloading their cargo. (Labeling Bottle, Malt).
- Customer needed to pay Advance Duty THB 200,000 per shipment from the existing broker.
- Customer had 60 day credit from their billing cycle.
One stop service
- Centralized & standardized operations (One Maersk team for multiple factories)
- Maersk created credit simulation, aimed to evaluate requests for credit days
- Maersk established the use of E-Payment (Transfer duty directly to Customs Bank) & started trial shipment where we have no import duties.
- On-site visits to customer factory with Products & Delivery team to understand and create SOP for smooth service in 1st trial shipment.
The customer was extremely satisfied with the work Maersk presented. Customer is now implementing E payments, and have accepted Maersk credit approval solution. Customer decided to confine their next lines of products to Maersk, following success of trial shipments.