Driving accuracy and compliance
28 May 2020
The challenge: Reduce vendor created errors in the invoice process, minimize the amount of manual updates required by the broker and eliminate the impact of potential delays in clearances due to manual errors.
- Reduce vendor created errors in the invoice process
- Minimize the amount of manual updates required by the broker
- Eliminate the impact of potential delays in clearances due to manual errors
- A long-term Maersk customer importing General merchandise
- Is now fully integrated into Maersk Shipper, ECI and Electronic Document Management
- Combines a strategic vision of IT Connectivity, Automation and Innovation with its service providers
- Maersk's innovative Customs Clearance Automation solution combines data received in the PO upload with bookings placed in the myMaersk Shipper Portal
- Allows the creation of standardized, clientspecific commericial invoice and packing list templates. This means we identify errors earlier
- Success Factors:
- PO upload
- Vender Bookings & Commercial Invoice
- Creation in the Maersk Shipper Portal
- IT engagement to propoery scope, map & develop the ECI
- 17,000 ECI invoices sent in the first year
- Client was able to have 90% of their entries cleared and ready 5 days prior to ETA
- Automatic validations prevented errors and highlight anomalies earlier
Sign up for news and insights
Stay ahead of the curve with valuable supply chain trends sent directly to your inbox
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.
Thank you for signing up
You have now signed up for newsletters. You will shortly receive an email which will explain how to set your newsletter preferences and unsubscribe.
You can unsubscribe anytime.
Anything you need, we’re here to help
We meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other.
Our dedicated team of experts are here for you.
Ready to ship?
Look up rates for new shipments and inland tariffs.
Sign up to our newsletter
To provide you with the right tools and the most relevant information for you to best manage your supply chain, please sign-up to our bi-weekly newsletter on global logistics.