We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Belgium.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Belgium!
31 July 2020:
Following yesterday´s communication where due to the current health, safety and preventive measures implemented by the Belgian Government on the Corona-virus cases we have decided to close our Antwerp office. All are employees are requested to work from home. We have activated our internal protocol for safety and business continuity plan. For this we would like to inform that Maersk continues 100% operative on a Global and Local scale until further notice.
Our Antwerp office is closed as of today and our employees have the opportunity to work from home in order to respond effectively to your commercial and operational needs. Even so we would like to share with all our customers the basic guidelines on how to operate in this new scenario.
In order to make it easier for you to manage any situations remotely, we have the below recommendations
In case you require Maersk original paper or printing BLs from our offices
- If possible, move to handling shipments via waybills.
- In case you do require original bills of lading, Maersk will be happy to assist with an “electronic release” / “Telex release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with Maersk and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone. Alternatively, it can also be printed out at destination to the Customer designated by you.
- In case there is no other means than to have an original B/L printed in Antwerp please contact our staff and they will guide you to the best solution.
Due to the current developments our Antwerp office is no longer open for Original BL reception. In the event of alterations, we would inform you via our Maersk website and also about alternative ways for remote cargo release. We strongly recommend you ask your Agents or Shipper at origin to issue BLs in Sea Way Bill mode or perform Telex release in your favor to minimize document exchanges.
Our staff will be guiding you in the options available to you in your situation.
In the event that you have no other option than to hand-over the original B/L to our Antwerp office , you will be guided by our staff where to send it _only by DHL ,TNT or On Time (local)_ no other couriers or personal deliveries will be accepted.
Other mail _no B/Ls or documents of value_ which is delivered to our letter box at our office will be picked up daily and processed as soon as possible but we do expect some delay.
Please discuss with the recipient of your mail or parcel for delivery on an alternative delivery location if needed.
Other online solutions
In addition to the documentation alternatives, we remind you that you can manage all your shipments through our web site and hereby we remind you of the most used online links
- In your Maersk Customer Site you can manage your bookings, Shipping Instructions, BL Amendments and more!
Maersk - Portal user
- You can also find more information on how to register and navigate our web using the following virtual guide
Maersk - Onboarding
- For checking prices and shipping with us
Maersk - Find a price
- For Export Deadlines, Demurrage and Detention and pick up container location
Maersk - Export
- For Import Demurrage and Detention, our online calculator and delivery location
Maersk - Import
- For Local Contingencies (Belgium)
Maersk - Import
- Maersk and Coronavirus
Maersk - Covid19
In case you are visiting our offices, please kindly ensure to comply with all the measures we have put in place which are to ensure your safety as well as those of our employees.
Follow the World Health Organization recommendations on hygiene.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.