Get up-to-date local information about export procedures and restrictions, demurrage and detention, container pick-ups and more.
- Hazardous classes 1, 7 and 9, are all subject to approval before acceptance.
- No acceptance of Used Tyres
- No acceptance of Non DG charcoal
- No acceptance of Asbestos
Weight & Measurement
Specifically for 20’ Containers:
- 24 TONS Maximum Payload for road haulage (inclusive of container tare weight)
- 22 TONS Maximum payload for railed containers (exclusive of container tare weight)
Specifically for 40’ Containers:
- 28 TONS Maximum payload for road haulage (inclusive of container tare weight)
- 29.4 TONS Maximum payload for railed containers (exclusive of container tare weight)
- Overweight containers are subject to a fine imposed by the Government. Requests for movement of overweight cargo can be obtained from your nearest Maersk office.
- Effective 1 July 2016 the Shipper (or its representative agent) will be required to include the Verified Gross Mass(VGM) when submitting the pre-advise via NAVIS. The Navis update will update all Maersk systems and no further system updates is required from the Shipper.
Special Cargoes- No restrictions on movement of containers to inland points and are subject to rates supplied by your nearest Maersk office.
Bill of Lading Clauses- No special clauses/restrictions apply.
45' Containers- No acceptance of 45' containers.
Customs requirements- Customs documents (Cargo Dues + Bill of entry) are mandatory for Bill of Lading issue.