Maersk Data Integrations
Streamline your B2B data transfers to make faster and more informed decisions.
Leverage the power of integrated data
Transporting goods in a digital era is all about having access to the right data at the right time, so your business can make quick and accurate decisions. Supply chain efficiency can dramatically improve with the ability to automate and exchange vital business data as it happens. Whether you’re developing a smart logistics product or making changes to your supply and distribution chains, innovation is best delivered through integrated data.
Maersk Data Integrations offer you a choice of solutions to integrate data from multiple sources across your supply chain, leveraging your ability to control your supply chain efficiencies while having complete visibility. We achieve this through API and EDI solutions.
- Data Integration via APIs (Application Program Interface) helps create new, smart logistics products by combining digital data from Maersk applications and adopting it to enhance Maersk offerings.
- EDIs (Electronic Data Interchange) help minimize or eliminate the manual processing of bulk data by allowing the direct transfer of critical data from one system to another.
API or EDI – Which to choose
While both technologies offer you data exchange capabilities, API and EDI operate quite differently and therefore offer a wide variety of Integration Solutions that cater to your unique data needs.
APIs are the future of data integrations and are capable of secure, fast data transmissions that can be used to automatically update your information in real time.
- They are preferred for their ability to present accurate and error-free data with minimal manual intervention.
- The data structure is simple and conforms to the DCSA standards aligning with other industry players, making the integration process more streamlined across your supply chain.
- APIs typically do not require the investment of middleware applications, EDI vendors or specialized technical resources familiar with legacy EDI.
The use of Maersk APIs creates opportunities for the consumer to create powerful products using multiple endpoints for one process, enabling new digital value propositions compared to existing data sets.
EDI solutions have, over the years, become the go-to integrated data solution. Many companies operating on legacy technology prefer these standards to integrate efficiently with one or more of our EDI solutions.
- These reliable solutions offer security and automation to obtain critical data in near real time while offering the ability to transfer bulk or heavy data between partner systems and applications.
EDI Integrated Solutions also enable similar key data to be transferred directly back and forth, which eliminates manual processing, reduces the risk of errors, and accelerates business processes. Ultimately enabling critical decisions to be taken surrounding your supply chain.
Understanding the difference
API and EDI data integration solutions are designed to streamline your business data needs. The difference between them is how they go about achieving the results you need.
|API (Application Programming Interface)
|EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
Real-time data exchange
Take advantage of integrated solutions
Don’t guess. Decide and make integration decisions that give you confidence and control of your supply chain. Drive innovation and create opportunities by collaborating with us through Maersk Data Integration offerings. Easily plug integration capabilities into your existing workflows and processes to unleash the power of information specific to your unique business.
Maersk Developer Portal
Meet the key to your business's digital enablement. Maersk Developer is a self-service portal that allows you to create applications to use the available data within your systems. This is achieved by connecting your business systems in one digital network, giving you access to data sharing opportunities, supporting your automation growth and enabling you to have more control over your supply chain.
Ready to speed up your data integration capabilities?
You may also be interested in
Reach your full potential by letting us simplify and connect your supply chain from end to end.