Carbon neutrality is becoming a more relevant topic each day as we see climate extremes with floods and droughts all over the globe. Many believe that we are at a turning point to address climate change and avoid a climate catastrophe soon.
Which are the initiatives to reduce carbon emissions?
- Some countries have already pledged to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Plenty of initiatives across the globe and industries have already been put in place to mitigate or neutralize greenhouse gases.
- In Latin America, for example, the Chilean government is promoting through a public-private initiative called Electromobility the use of electric vehicles in urban logistics. Apart from that, the country also has an ambitious plan to become the number one exporter and producer of green hydrogen that could be used for almost everything from fertilizer to transportation.
- The increasing focus on greener solutions cannot ignore logistics, which plays a critical role as one of the most polluting and resource-intensive industries. According to the International Transport Forum (ITF), international trade-related freight transport is responsible for 7% of total CO2 emissions at a worldwide level.
What we are doing:
- At Maersk, we are committed to environmental sustainability through efforts to decarbonize marine operations, launching the first carbon-neutral vessel by first quarter 2024. In addition, we are providing new solutions like Emissions Dashboard: a tool that supports our customers to consolidate emissions data across all carriers and transport modes. Simplifying the process of gathering, analyzing, and visualizing emissions data.
- Companies are also expanding their carbon neutrality not only into their core business but also into their entire supply chain. Relying on your logistic operations on an environmentally friendly partner will allow you to reduce your carbon footprint in the world.
Sign up for news and insights
Stay ahead of the curve with valuable supply chain trends sent directly to your inbox
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.
Thank you for signing up
You have now signed up for newsletters. You will shortly receive an email which will explain how to set your newsletter preferences and unsubscribe.
You can unsubscribe anytime.