At Maersk, we believe in the utmost safety of our equipment and our crew involved with handling these equipment along with your cargo at sea.
In light of this, our customers will be asked to follow certain set of procedures whenever there is loading of coils and other metal materials which is over 2 metric tons with immediate effect.
Below is the procedure we are expecting our customers to follow:
- On maersk.com website while placing online booking please select commodity code as 002317 (even though your cargo is Steel coils, metal coils, aluminum coils or wire coils and Plates please select the same).
- After customer place the booking with this code customer will get email after booking confirmation from our side to provide necessary details.
- After customer pick up container need to send us stuffing images in word file template format.
- PRIOR GATE IN: Once the approval is given by our cargo compliance desk, Customers containers will be deemed safe to load on the scheduled vessel. Accordingly, customers can gate in their containers.
- Commodity Coil is not allowed for NAM inland movements (TRK/RAIL).
- Stacking of Coil on each other is also not allowed.
Policy applied for:
Steel coils, metal coils, aluminium coils, wire coils, Plates, Metal materials which is over 2 metric tons.
You may check the below link for the MMA/COIL request template and guide for your reference. Kindly click on Procedure – Steel Coil tab under Indonesia Export page.
We thank you in advance for your continued support. If you have any questions, please reach out to your local Maersk representative.
Anything you need, we’re here to help
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.