The transformation journey we are on is a shared one. As your supply chain needs evolve, so must our way of serving you. Our transformation continues with you at the heart of our vision – to enable your business to grow and thrive.
To this end we are today announcing a significant step towards offering a more seamless experience across your supply chain with three key changes
- Safmarine will be integrated into the Maersk brand. We recognize the long history of passion and best practice in customer centricity experienced by Safmarine customers and want to add this in Maersk for the benefit of all our customers.
As a Safmarine customer, this integration will expand your access to our full portfolio of products and services at a global scale, ensuring all your needs can be met by one united team.
- Damco’s Air freight and Less than Container Load (LCL) supply chain products will be integrated into the Maersk logistics and services portfolio. We will use our own Ocean products to offer unique value propositions, hence we will not pursue the Ocean FCL Multi-carrier product (NVOCC) as a general offering.
This will mean you will have access to a seamless end-to-end offering from Maersk, ensuring your experience is connected and simplified across all your logistics’ needs.
- As a result of the integration the Safmarine and Damco brands will no longer be marketed by the end of 2020.
- Hamburg Süd and Aliança will remain independent brands with differentiated service models while we are simplifying our back office organizational structure and processes to enable faster and more effective decision-making. Hamburg Süd’s and Aliança’s sales and customer service organizations will not change, and will remain your trusted, by-your-side and can-do partners.
- Sealand- A Maersk Company will remain as a separate brand under A.P. Moller - Maersk, serving as the strong intra-regional service provider it is today.
What you will experience
We aim to build on the earlier integration of logistics’ services from Damco to Maersk to further simplify and connect your supply chains in a seamless experience, connecting your world in new ways.
With all our products and services under one roof, there will be fewer handovers, leading to more optimized delivery of our services and making your supply chain flow with increased efficiency and resilience. We are committed to bringing our collective expertise to you. Sharing best practices and capabilities as a single team will allow us to continue to develop products and services designed to help you stay ahead and in control.
The changes will gradually come into effect beginning 1st October. We will be in touch to ensure the services you currently have from Damco or Safmarine continue seamlessly and plan with you how we can best meet your needs moving forward.