How to help freight forwarding companies to save overall costs, achieve resource efficiency, and run smooth supply chain operations
Maersk CHB efficient services aim to consistently bring and amplify value to your bottom line. Right sized to handle your business around the world with global reach and local expertise.
- In business since 1978, established in Milan, Italy.
- JAS is a global company in freight forwarding and logistics services.
- Company operates 227 offices in 41 country.
- JAS has work force of 4,200 strong and prides itself in customer commitment and service delivery.
- In India company operates 6 major offices focusing on Exports to USA, and Europe.
- Company had dedicated CHB force of 10 men working with 3rd party vendors, for total of 600 files a month for Exports.
- Customer situation was unfavorable as company:
- Suffered continuous gaps in execution grouped with resource inefficiencies.
- Working with present high number of vendors did not achieve target(s), and cost associated with compliance issues were running high.
Value Proposition Shift
Maersk CHB experts evaluated situation at hand, and together with the cross functional team from Maersk sales came with winning value proposition.
One Stop Shop , and ‘One Rate”
Maersk have offered one stop shop service covering full spectrum of customer supply chain CHB operation. It came along with competitive and standardized “one rate” for export, and import customs clearances.
Customer will yield benefits of Maersk digital solutions enjoying full visibility on its shipments via Maersk own CHB App Lite platform – state of the art platform detailing every step in CHB process in real time.
Customer was especially satisfied with knowledge our team demonstrated in area of customs certifiedvexpertise with product and delivery.
The customer was extremely satisfied with the work Maersk presented. Teams agreed to start with 60 files a month and progress to 400 files a month for Exports in 3 months. During 1st week of Feb'20, Teams will conduct detailed joint review to onboard the customer with intent to start execution by the 3rd week of Feb'20. Once full scale-up achieved, customer will deploy their existing resource from CHB to other activities internally in the company. Maersk one-stop solution is helping customer save overall cost, achieve resource efficiency, and have complaint player to work with with long term.