We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Namibia.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Namibia!
3 April 2020:
At present, our offices are subject to a change in timing, since only some of our staff are in office based on local government guidelines and as a result our counter will only be open from 14H00 to 16H30 daily to facilitate the release of import cargo and issue original bills of lading.
We are aware of the added pressure on your business in the current situation and would like to reassure you, as and when more information comes through from the Government, Namport or Namibia Customs and Excise we will, if need be, adjust our times accordingly to ensure we keep your supply chain flowing.
Additionally, we have engaged with Rennies consolidated who have confirmed that the depot will be operating during normal hours, albeit with skeleton staff, and delays for the release/return of containers is to be expected.
To make it easier for you to manage any situations remotely, we have the below recommendations
- If possible, move to handling shipments via waybills.
- In case you do require original bills of lading, we will be happy to assist with the below options
- Collect the bills of lading from our office when it’s open
- Perform an “electronic release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with us and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone.
- Surrender of original bills would need to be done at our nearest open office.
- We will waive any charges linked to an electronic release of bills of lading and amendment fee for change of bill type
- Please share details of any payments made with us via e-mail – that is, any proof of payment such as a scanned copy of cheques deposited, electronic funds transfer receipts, etc.
- Delivery order requests can be raised via our Maersk website
In case you are visiting our offices, please do follow the World Health Organization recommendations on hygiene
Our teams will be working remotely, and email correspondence will be dealt with normally, should you need to reach out to any member of staff, please use the following contact details
Country Manager: Azim Cariem +264 (0) 64 273 0111 +264 (0) 81 128 2026
Sales Executive: Jurie Weber +264 (0) 64 273 0103 +264 (0) 81 246 6780Customer Services: Manager Jeanette Stewart +264 (0) 64 273 0120 +264 (0) 81 327 9740
Customer Services: Darius Hoffman +264 (0) 64 273 0122 +264 (0) 81 141 9025
Chere-Lee Diergaardt +264 (0) 64 273 0123 +264 (0) 81 126 9953
Debbie Moore +264 (0) 64 273 0101 +264 (0) 81 124 3254
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.