COVID-19 Updates - Sri Lanka
We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Sri Lanka.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Sri Lanka!
26 March 2020:
- All our customer service staff is working from home. All necessary IT infrastructure and assistance has been arranged for our staff.
- Government declared Colombo district and two other districts as high-risk areas for COVID-19 due to which the curfew which was imposed at 2pm on the 24th March would continue until further notice
- Our phone lines would be operating from 9am to 3pm. After 3pm staff could be reached on their mobiles
- Our Counters- customer service and cashier will be open from 9am to 1pm on every Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting tomorrow onwards. However, we do encourage all payments to be made via CEFT Online Payment Platform
- Both the main terminals (SAGT and CICT) are operating currently. However due to certain resource constraints terminals are not operating up to the full capacity, resulting in slight delays in vessel operations
- Yards would be open to facilitate export container pickups and import empty returns. However, customers’ needs to contact the customer service team and inform, prior visiting the yard in order to ensure a smooth operation.
There have so far been no reports of any Maersk employee being tested positive for COVID-19 in Sri Lanka. The company has undertaken significant proactive preventive measures to ensure we best safeguard our employees’ health and safety and continue to manage our day-to-day operations with little or no impact to our customers’ supply chains.
Our Emergency Management Teams are monitoring the situation daily and we continue to review specific procedures and guidelines across all Maersk offices. All Maersk offices have solid Business Contingency Plan (BCP) ready, in case the situation escalates.
The digital capabilities of maersk.com allows you to avail faster resolution. Basis World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, social distancing is recommended and hence we encourage you to avail our digital solutions that offer ease of shipping. Should you wish to learn further, please feel free to contact your Maersk CS Local Representative.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.