We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Bangladesh.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Bangladesh!
26 March 2020:
- From 26th March to 4th April, Bangladesh government has announced a General Holiday to prevent the spread of COVID-19. During this period, all government and non-government offices will remain closed except for essential services like hospitals, pharmacies, law enforcement agencies, grocery store, banks etc.
The situation during the General Holiday period will be as follows:
- The situation during the General Holiday period will be as follows:
- Customs offices and Banks will operate within truncated hours.
- Transportation of cargos is outside the purview of General Holiday. Hence operations including Terminals, Warehousing, Depots, and other facilities related to shipping will continue to operate with reduced work hours.
- Since the travel restrictions will not apply to shipping related personnel, please be advised that our counter services in Dhaka and Chattogram will remain open.
- In Chattogram, our counters will remain open for business over the weekend from 10.00 AM to 12.00 PM on Friday, 27th March and from 11.00 AM to 1.00 PM on Saturday, 28th March. Our counters will again open for business from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM from Sunday, 29th March the next week.
- While Pangaon counter will remain closed, customers can collect Delivery Order, Original Bills of Lading and FCR from Dhaka City counter.
- In Dhaka, our counters will open for business from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM on Sunday, 29th March the next week.
- Depending upon how the situation progresses over the next week, we may have to alter the timing of the counters at Dhaka and Chittagong.
- Our colleagues are available over phone and e-mail to respond to all your queries
There have so far been no reports of any Maersk employee being tested positive for COVID-19 in Bangladesh. The company has undertaken significant proactive preventive measures to ensure we best safeguard our employees’ health and safety and continue to manage our day-to-day operations with little or no impact to our customers’ supply chains.
Our Emergency Management Teams are monitoring the situation daily and we continue to review specific procedures and guidelines across all Maersk offices. All Maersk offices have solid Business Contingency Plan (BCP) ready, in case the situation escalates.
The digital capabilities of maersk.com allows you to avail faster resolution. Basis World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, social distancing is recommended and hence we encourage you to avail our digital solutions that offer ease of shipping. Should you wish to learn further, please feel free to contact your Maersk CS Local Representative.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.