We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Togo.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Togo!
25 March 2020:
From Friday 27th March, 2020 our counter will be restricted for visit due to goverment instruction in order to limit the spread of the COVID-19. However, a minimum service will be in place for document supply of original BL.
You can request your delivery order, their renewal and invoice online and get them in your email or in your MyFinance account to be able to print them from your office.
To make it easier for you to manage any situations remotely, we have the below recommendations
- We encourage you to use our online tools: Maersk and Cargo Release.
- In case you do require original bills of lading, Maersk will be happy to assist with an “electronic release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with Maersk and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone.
- Payment will be done at the bank and insurance certificate will be delivered at insurance company premises
To ensure your safety and safety of our employees as well, we encourage you take benefit from means of communication such as email, phone and avoid visit to our offices.
Forwarding agent can now take a document supply ticket from their account in Cargo Release. After picking the ticket, they can come to office and drop off document in available boxe which will be handled everyday from 12.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
When forwarding agents come to our office for document supply, they should
- Ensure to comply with all the measures we have put in place which are to ensure your safety and our employees as well
- Follow the World Health Organization recommendations on hygiene
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.