Shipments to/from Venezuela
Effective August 5, 2019, the US government imposed sanctions that prohibit accepting cargo to/from any entity owned or controlled by the Venezuelan government. These new sanctions are in addition to Venezuelan persons and entities (e.g., PdVSA and the Central Bank of Venezuela) already on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals list. For more information regarding Venezuela sanctions, Please Visit.
To ensure compliance with the United States sanctions against Venezuela, Maersk businesses have stopped accepting cargo to or from Venezuelan government entities.
Therefore, Maersk requires the following when shipping to Venezuela:
- Consignee must be indicated at time of booking
- Shipping Instruction must contain all of the following:
- Consignee Name – No “To Order” nor foreign consignee accepted
- First Notify Name
- Full commodity / cargo description
- Final receiver name if cargo consigned to freight forwarder
For exports from Venezuela, the original Shipper (not only the freight forwarder) of the cargo
must be specified.
Cargo will not be loaded unless the above requirements are met in full.
Thank you for your continuous support and in case you have any questions please contact your Customer Service representatives.