Shipping to Mexico
|Service||POL||Booking request (previous to departure date)||Shipping instructions (previous to departure date)||Customs Clearance (previous to arrival date)|
|TA3 823||Veracruz||Thursday Prev Dep 17:00hrs||Friday Prev Dep 15:00 hrs||Monday Prev Dep 15:00 hrs|
|Altamira||Monday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs||Tuesday Prev Dep 14:00 hrs||Wednesday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs|
|TA6 646||Veracruz||Tuesday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs||Thursday Prev Dep 15:00 hrs||Mondays Prev Dep 17:00 hrs|
|Altamira||Wednesday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs||FridaysPrev Dep 15:00 hrs||Friday Prev Dep 18:00 hrs|
|AC2 698 WB||Manzanillo||Monday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs||Thursday Prev Dep 17:00hrs||Friday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs|
|Lázaro Cárdenas||Tuesday Prev Dep17:00 hrs||Thursday Prev Dep 17:00hrs||Friday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs|
|AC3 699||Manzanillo||Wednesday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs||Thursday Prev Dep 17:00hrs||Friday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs|
|Lázaro Cárdenas||Thursday Prev Dep 17:00hrs||Friday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs||Monday Prev Dep 17:00 hrs|
Demurrage and Detention
One Clock Combined
The following applies for exports and imports in both SD and CY modes. The new One Clock Combined structure replaced the Demurrage and Detention, and only applies for the Detention charge and for the total exceeded time.
Customers with check in guarantee:
- To request the letter it is mandatory to be up to date on your payments and to have moved no less than 80 FFEs in the previous twelve months.
Customers without check in guarantee:
- Will have to make a deposit in guarantee of USD 1,000 per container, and a maximum of USD 5,000 per BL. – Please review the rates for reefer containers with your local Maersk Line agent
- For the guarantee deposit to be valid, a copy must be sent to email@example.com indicating the BL number. The payment must be reflected in our bank accounts three days before the shipment release.
- Attached to the previous documentation, customer must include the cover page of their bank statement (showing CLABE) and the reimbursement format.
Another alternative is providing a certified check, which will only be received in Mexico City office.
The new "One Clock Combined" structure includes the following free time, applicable both for imports and exports:
Maersk Line Mexico offers the possibility to be exempted from the Check in Guarantee , only if the Customs Agent is affiliated with the AAAPVER in Veracruz or the AAAPUMAC in Manzanillo , and if the agent granted this concession .
Combined Demurrage and Detention (EXPORT)
|Free time||DRY||Flat & Open top||REEF||IMO|
|Days CY port||15||5||5||7|
|Days CY rail ramp||15||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’ / 40’hc||Special||REEF|
|Price from 6th day onwards||Free||Free||200 USD||200 USD|
|Price from 8th day onwards||Free||Free||200 USD||200 USD|
|Price from 16th day onwards||120 USD||120 USD||200 USD||200 USD|
Effective January 1st, 2017
Reefer plug-in free: 2 days for cargo moved under SD service only
Storage fees should be paid directly to the terminal
OOG and IMO cargo are subject to standard Maersk Line approval procedures.
Please dial 50103500 Option 2 for detailed information
Bill of lading restrictions
- As part of the US Customs 24 Hour Rule regulations, "To the order of" bills of lading are not accepted for shipments destined to the US or routed via US ports.
- US Customs does equally not accept the commodity descriptions "Freight all kinds" and "General merchandise", nor the package type "pallets". Commodity description should be always in English.
Lazaro Cardenas Export Restrictions
Based on restrictions imposed by Mexican regulations, the following commodities cannot be moved via Lazaro Cardenas port:
- Pickled Poultry classified under Harmonized Code 02.10.99.03
- Unmethylated alcohol, Methylated alcohol, and alcohol classified under Harmonized Code 2207.10.01, 2207.2, 2208.90.01
- Tequila classified under Harmonized Code 2208.90.03
- Sound recording equipment (only compact disc burners) classified under Harmonized Code 8520.90.99
Weight / Measurement Restrictions
From 1 June 2008
The maximum weight limitation in Mexican Roads (not applicable to the CY shipments and for cargo moved by all train) is been revised to the below restrictions according to Mexican Law NOM-012-SCT-2-2008 published in the Official Gazette since 1 April 2008.
- Tandem maximum 20 Tons per container
- Single maximum 22 Tons
- Single maximum 23
For general information about equipment dimensions and capacity go to:
Live load/unload free time
All customers will have 6 hours free time to live load/unload containers.
Oversized cargo, Break bulk cargo and Hazardous cargo, are subject to standard Maersk Line approval procedures.
45' equipment IS NOT ACCEPTED. There are not exceptions for this rule.