Maersk Customs Services in Germany
Our Maersk Customs Services can help you with the complexities of border controls and customs regulations. For import and export cargos. At both - origin and destination.
Local contact options
Import customs clearance
Standard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT upon arrival in the country in scope to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.
- Import customs clearance
- Export customs clearance
- Transit documents
Export customs clearance
Standard Declaration to Customs to gain permission to load the vessel & be exported outside of the EU.
Port Filing (Hafenanmeldung)
- BHT (BHV-Terminal)
- WHT (WHV-Terminal)
- Z-No. (HAM-Terminal)
A transit document allows the free movement of containers through European territories, suspending the payment of Duty and VAT until the destination.
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance
Additional Maersk Customs Services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk & control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Programme – Assistance with daily Maersk Customs Services activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness & guidance on FTA’s & preferential origins.
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Programme from our trained specialists.
Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size & requirement – please refer enquiries to Maersk.
What is required to complete Maersk Customs Services?
Signed Power of Attorney (POA)
Signed by the buyer & on Company Letter Headed paper. This grant’s permission for Maersk to complete MCS on behalf of the buyer and provides the required details to enable internal account creation.
Mandatory documents required:
- Signed POA
- Commercial invoice(s)
- Packing list(s)
- Classification Number / HS code
The buyer must have a valid EORI and VAT number to hold a solid audit trail with customs authority and tax office & to be eligible to claim back any potential VAT paid.
Additional documents (where applicable)*
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Health Certificates
- Preference Certificates
* Originals to be submitted to Maersk where necessary
Product Portfolio Maersk MCS – Germany (under legal entity Maersk Germany GmbH)
- Import customs clearance
- T1 / Transit Document (NCTS)
- T2L Clearance
- Export customs clearance (MRN)
- Port Filing / Export Customs Port Release (BHT, WHT, Z-Nr, PortBase, APCS)
- Fiscal customs clearance
- Inward + Outward Processing (Aktive + Passive Veredelungen)
- Veterinary Clearance (for Import and Transshipment)
- Phytosanitary Clearance
- BLE Clearance (Federal Institute for Agriculture and Food)
- Customs physical inspection at warehouse
- VGM / Container weighing
- Special clearances as per request
- Port Services individual for Bremerhaven, Hamburg and Wilhelmshaven
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.