How to Amend your Spot Booking
Looking to book a spot shipment? Maersk has got your back! As a leading global shipping company, we provide a convenient and user-friendly platform to book and manage your freight.
Whether you're a first-time user or a seasoned shipper, understanding the process of spot amendment is essential to streamline your logistics operations. This article will walk you through the step-by-step process of making and amending spot bookings. We’ll also address critical questions shippers have concerning spot amendments.
Let's dive in and discover how you can effortlessly navigate spot bookings with Maersk!
Maersk’s 3-month metrics (Jan 1st - Mar 31st, 2023)
Maersk has developed a robust system for managing bookings online — that offers four key benefits to our customers:
- Easy accessibility to book and amend Spot from anywhere, anytime.
- Ensure transparency by providing accurate data at every stage of your shipment.
- Quick turnaround times (TATs) with instant spot bookings. If you don’t get a confirmation instantly, you get an update typically within 4 hours.
- Live chat support tool on the website to address any concerns 24/7.
Now, let’s learn how to make spot bookings on Maersk easily.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for spot booking on the Maersk.com portal.
Step 1: Log in to Maersk
Log in to your account on Maersk.com using your username and password. You’ll land on the hub where you can access all the tools.
Step 2: Head to the booking feature
From the top menu, select ‘New Booking’ under the Book dropdown tab. Next, you’ll be taken to the booking details screen. Choose between package/pallet or container load. We’ve recently updated this tab to include the LCL booking feature.
Step 3: Enter the booking information
In this tab, enter basic details such as origin and destination, service mode, container specifications (size, type, and weight), earliest departure date, and price owner (i.e., who pays). You can choose a partner as the price owner by their customer ID or trading name.
Step 4: Select sailing dates and review
Here, you’ll have your choice of vessels to book. You can look at the arrival and departure schedule and get a detailed carrier price breakdown. You'll also see the Maersk Spot fee breakdown for the selected route, including any amendment charges (which will be discussed later in this article).
Note: This section is inclusive of your demurrage and detention fee as well.
Once you select a vessel, click 'book.'
Step 5: Choose add-on services
Maersk offers many value-added services you can avail of with your spot booking. This includes customs clearance, premium quality containers, freetime extensions, and more.
Step 6: Provide additional details
Under this section, you have to provide pick-up details such as the depot, haulage number (if any), and pick-up date. Also, confirm the status of the booking customer and price owner. Next, you can add any optional parties to the booking in advance (if required).
Step 7: Review and submit!
Finally, go through all the entries you've made so far. You'll get the option to make edits to any section. You can also add additional emails to receive a copy of the booking.
Remember to read our Terms & Conditions. If everything is okay, click 'submit.'
And that's it! You'll get an instant booking confirmation with your reference number in the next window. If, for some reason, the booking is not confirmed, you'll get an update within 4 hours on your email.
With guaranteed loading, fixed price booking, and instant confirmation, Maersk offers a seamless way to transport your goods. Start shipping with Maersk Spot now!
Now, you’ve booked your freight with Maersk Spot, but need to make changes to your booking? Freight not! Here’s how…
Maersk allows you to quickly amend your spot booking by following these simple steps:
- Head to the Export Overview tab under the 'Manage' menu option. Here you'll see all your shipments. (You can also filter them by date.) Next, click on the shipment BoL, and you'll land on the shipment details.
- Click 'Amend' at the top of the summary page and you'll be again taken to the booking information page. You'll see all the tabs listed in the booking steps above.
- Go straight to the section where you need to make changes (for example, Price Owner details).
- Save and head to the select sailing tab. If your previous vessel is still available, you'll be able to retain it. If not, you can also select new sailings. Under the price breakdown, you will see the final amendment fee levied on the booking.
- Reselect the pick-up details if needed in the next tab. Finally, review the amendments you made and submit them.
Note: Value-added services can not be amended online. You'll have to contact Maersk Spot for any changes to those services directly. Also, the amendment feature is only available to customers online. The Maersk representatives cannot make the changes on your behalf. In case of any technical difficulties, you can use the live chat widget — which is available 24/7.
Experience the convenience of submitting spot bookings with just a few clicks while having the flexibility to make amendments as and when needed.
At Maersk, we are dedicated to simplifying your shipping journey, enabling you to focus on what matters most — growing your business. Let us navigate the complexities of logistics while you enjoy a smoother, more streamlined shipping experience.
Discover the power of Maersk.com today and unlock a world of possibilities for your business. Start shipping faster and book your freight with Maersk Spot!
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.