Effective 17 December 2020, Manila International Container Terminal will be implementing cross validation process on all Verified Gross Mass input during the Preadvise process for all Export Laden containers entering the terminal.
- Shippers Declared VGM. This is the Preadvise field that will take on the value of the VGM and will replace the current Gross Weight field.
- Measured Weight. MICT will continue to measure the container weight upon arrival at the terminal. There will be no change in the weighing process.
- Once Measured Weight is generated, it will be checked against the Shippers Declared VGM.
- As per PPA Memorandum Circular 43-98 a shut out fee may be charged for any weight discrepancy beyond the agreed tolerance of +/- 1,500 kg (1.5 tons).
- The Shippers Declared VGM and the Measured Weight will be incorporated in CODECO and COARRI reports (e.g. in MEA++VGM and MEA+ segments respectively).
Should you have any queries or require any assistance, please contact your local Maersk Sales Representative or our Customer Service hotline.
Tel: +63 2 976 9590 (MNL) / +63 32 230 2303 (VIS) / +63 82 272 7303 (MIN)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Export) / email@example.com (Import)
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.