Manila International Container Terminal - VGM Submission
04 December 2020
Effective 17 December 2020, Manila International Container Terminal will be implementing cross validation process on all Verified Gross Mass input during the Preadvise process for all Export Laden containers entering the terminal.
- Shippers Declared VGM. This is the Preadvise field that will take on the value of the VGM and will replace the current Gross Weight field.
- Measured Weight. MICT will continue to measure the container weight upon arrival at the terminal. There will be no change in the weighing process.
- Once Measured Weight is generated, it will be checked against the Shippers Declared VGM.
- As per PPA Memorandum Circular 43-98 a shut out fee may be charged for any weight discrepancy beyond the agreed tolerance of +/- 1,500 kg (1.5 tons).
- The Shippers Declared VGM and the Measured Weight will be incorporated in CODECO and COARRI reports (e.g. in MEA++VGM and MEA+ segments respectively).