Maersk wishes to advise its customers that the congestion at Ports of Auckland, New Zealand continue to cause significant disruption to our vessel schedules.
Over the past weeks we have done our utmost to deliver your cargo to and from Auckland while managing the current situation best possible. We are experiencing significant vessel delays with waiting times currently up to 12 days, resulting in vessel omissions and contingencies significantly impacting our overall operational costs.
To enable us to continue to connect your supply chain to and from Auckland, Maersk wishes to advise our customers that we will be implementing a Port Congestion Surcharge of USD 215 per TEU (both standard and reefer containers) for all containers arriving to/departing from Ports of Auckland.
The Auckland Congestion Charge will be applied as follows
Auckland* to/from World (excluding USA trades)
- Export cargo for all vessels departing Auckland on or after 13th November 2020
- Import cargo departing from origin on or after 13th November 2020
Auckland* to/from USA
- Export cargo received in Auckland on or after 6th December 2020
- Import cargo received at origin on or after 6th December 2020
* The Auckland congestion surcharge will be applied for all cargo loaded/discharged at Ports of Auckland. The Auckland congestion surcharge will not be applied for cargo with receipt/delivery at Auckland Metroport.
The Auckland Congestion fee will be applied with following freight terms unless otherwise stipulated on the Shipping Instruction
- Imports to Auckland from World: the Auckland Port Congestion Surcharge will be applied on a freight collect basis
- Exports from Auckland to World: the Auckland Port Congestion Surcharge will be applied on a freight pre-paid basis.
At Maersk we continue to offer you flexible solutions that meet your individual supply chain needs. Should you wish to take delivery of your import cargo at an alternative location please contact a Customer Service Agent via our Live Chat channel.
We thank you in advance for trusting Maersk as your supply chain partner.
Anything you need, we’re here to help
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.