The COVID-19 pandemic continues to have a significant negative impact on the transportation demand into Europe. Consequently Maersk endeavours to balance our network to match this reduced demand. We will therefore continue the suspension of the AE2 (North Europe) and AE20 (Mediterranean) services on the Asia-Europe network throughout Q3 2020. This means an additional 13 cancellations for each of the 2 services.
While the AE2 and AE20 services remain structurally blanked in response to the COVID situation, we expect some sesonality in the volume over the quarter. Therefore, we plan to sail a fortnightly sweeper service covering a combination of North European and Mediterranean ports to cater for the peaks in July/August. We expect a total of 3-4 sailing of this sweeper.
To ensure you will not face any business disruption, port calls that were covered by the AE2 and AE20 services will continue to be served on other services in our network as it has been during Q2. In case of any questions, please contact your local customer service or sales representatives or check Schedules.
AE2 – Alternative coverage for AE2 cancellation Westbound and Eastbound
- Yantian: Covered by inducement on AE5
- Rotterdam: Covered by alternative AE1 and AE5 services
- Felixstowe: Covered by alternative AE1 service and inducement on AE7
- Antwerp: Covered by alternative AE6 service
- Rotterdam: Covered by AE10 service
- Felixstowe: Covered by AE6 service
- Antwerp: Covered by AE6 service
- Algeciras: Covered by inducement of AE5 service
AE20 – Alternative coverage for AE20 cancellation Westbound and Eastbound
- Beirut: Covered by feeder via Port Said
- La Spezia: Covered by feeder via Barcelona
- Genoa: Covered by feeder via Barcelona
- Fos Sur Mer: Covered on AE7 service via Tangiers
- La Spezia: Covered by feeder via Barcelona on AE11
- Genoa: Loaded via Vado Ligure and covered by feeder via Barcelona on AE11
- Fos Sur Mer: Covered by feeder via Barcelona on AE11
- Valencia: Covered on alternative AE11 service Eastbound
- Barcelona: Covered on alternative AE11 service Eastbound
- King Abdullah: Covered by inducement of AE11 service
- Abu Dhabi: Covered by inducement of AE11 service
- Jebel Ali: Covered by inducement of AE11 service
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to continuing working with you in the future.