We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Madagascar.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Madagascar!
6 April 2020:
In view of the recent developments with COVID-19 in Madagascar with lockdown effective 23rd March the government decision to extend this period to the 19th April 2020, commending people to stay at home during this time. We at Maersk would like to emphasize that the safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees are at the heart of every decision.
Our Toamasina office will be closing and collaborating remotely effective 7th April 2020.
We would like to offer an update and our full support to avoid any supply chain disruptions for our customers. As per below these are our revised procedures to ensure seamless service and to support to our customers.
Would continue to be functional remotely during working hours, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
Submission and Confirmation for Export Container Order (ECO)
Request for ECO confirmation should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ECO must contain all necessary information and both ECO and The Letter of Engagement should be scanned with a signature and stamp. A confirmation will be sent via Email to you by the Counter team and a separate update will be done via the Terminal.
Collection of Delivery Order
Waybills process as follows
- Log onto Maersk website and click on SSDO
- 2Request the Delivery Order (Bon a Delivrer) online through SSDO. For list of documents required for delivery order release, click here. For any missing Document, they will contact you by mail asking for re-submission.
- Counter team send you the DO/BAD via email from email@example.com and will update the “Gasynet” site separately for customs and terminal purposes
Shipments with Original Bill of Lading
- Request the Delivery Delivery Order (Bon a Delivrer) online through SSDO. For list of documents required for delivery order release, click here. For any missing Document team will contact you by mail asking for re-submission.
- Drop off the OBL along with request letters and your email-id as per the drop off time below
- Counter team send you the DO/BAD via email from firstname.lastname@example.org and will update the “Gasynet” site separately for customs and terminal purpose.
Kindly plan your request for Delivery Order in a timely way, which can accommodate our processing time and benefit you to avail the standard / contracted Detention Free time of your shipment.
Collection and/or Submission of original bills of ladings from the counter
On export, for ease of operations during these times, we suggest your shipments to move on Sea waybills or telex release which are available for print from Maersk website instead of original bill of ladings. Amendment charge has been mitigated.
If you require original bills of lading, we will be happy to assist with the below options:
Perform an “electronic release” / “Telex release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with us and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone. The telex fee is waived until further notice.
Plan to collect your bill of ladings during below pick-up time in Toamasina Office: Friday April 10th, 2020 and Wednesday April 15th, 2020 from 08:00 to 12:00 pm On imports, for ease of operations, we request your origin parties to move on Sea waybills or telex release.
If you import has original bill of ladings, we are happy to collect them during the below drop off time in Toamasina office: Friday April 10th, 2020 and Wednesday April 15th, 2020 from 08:00 to 12:00 pm
Collection of Maersk Stationery/Seals/Bank Guarantee
Maersk Stationery, Seal and other documents can be collected or dropped during the drop off/Pick up time: Friday April 10th, 2020 and Wednesday April 15th, 2020 from 08:00 to 12:00 pm.
Invoices and Payments
- Invoices are available on our Maersk website through “myfinance” or can be requested through mailing to INVMUMD@maersk.com
- The payment process remain AS-IS though
- Direct switch to the bank
- Cash deposit to the bank or
- Direct cheque deposit to the bank
- Please share details of any payments made such as a scanned copy of cheques deposited, cash deposited, swift copy or electronic funds transfer receipts, to Mickael.Lahady@malagasyshipping.com and email@example.com
We are constantly monitoring the situation and will keep you updated of any new developments.
Our teams are here to support you during this tough situation please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services teams.
Nina Rafidison: +261 (20) 53 347 75 / +261 34 05 41793 (bureau de Toamasina)
Cunetiane Maurice: +261 (20) 53 347 28 / +261 34 05 41731 (bureau de Toamasina)
Mirana Ratovoarivololona: +261 (20) 53 347 35 / +261 34 05 41714 (bureau de Toamasina)
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.