We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Swaziland.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Swaziland!
3 April 2020:
At present, our offices will be working with only one of our staff members in office based on local government guidelines, from 08H00 to 16H00 daily to facilitate the release of import cargo and issue original bills of lading.
We are aware of the added pressure on your business in the current situation and would like to reassure you, as and when more information comes through from the Government, we will, if need be, adjust our times accordingly to ensure we keep your supply chain flowing.
We have engaged with the depot and they have confirmed that they will be operating during normal hours, for the release/return of containers.
To make it easier for you to manage any situations remotely, we have the below recommendations
- If possible, move to handling shipments via waybills.
- In case you do require original bills of lading, we will be happy to assist with the below options
- Collect the bills of lading from our office when it’s open
- Perform an “electronic release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with us and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone.
- Surrender of original bills would need to be done at our nearest open office.
- We will waive any charges linked to an electronic release of bills of lading and amendment fee for change of bill type
- Please share details of any payments made with us via e-mail – that is, any proof of payment such as a scanned copy of cheques deposited, electronic funds transfer receipts, etc.
- Delivery order requests can be raised via our Maersk website.
In case you are visiting our offices, please do follow the World Health Organization recommendations on hygiene.
For cargo that cannot move under the current restrictions, please refer to the customer advisory on the link that outlines how this cargo will be handled for the duration of the shutdown. The details are comprehensive and self-explanatory but please do reach out to us should you need any clarification or require additional information.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.