We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Russia.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Russia!
3 April 2020:
On the 2nd of April president Putin made a new announcement about extention of nonworking days till 30th of April. Nevertheless, our offices throughout Russia remain operational since Maersk is included into a list of organizations which provide logistics and transport services aimed to provide population food products and basic goods.
We are constantly monitoring the volatile environment and adjusting our approach to ensure we can continue to keep your cargo moving. Hence all the information in this advisory is a subject to further changes.
Major part of staff working remotely from the safety of their own home with adequate IT infrastructure to avoid any disruptions. Only skeleton staff work from offices. All relevant information about offices open hours can be found on our local web-site Maersk - Russia Please check it before visit our office.
Offices’ working hours and Cargo release
- Major offices are open in Russia with revised timelines from 09:00 to 17:00 (check location specific details below).
- For any OBL related submission (cargo release for imports or telex release for exports) customers/couriers will need to continue visiting our office.
- In case you are unable to visit our office please write to firstname.lastname@example.org (cargo release) and email@example.com (telex release) and our CS teams will be happy to assist you.
Bill of Lading issuance
- We encourage you to release Seaway bill of lading instead of Negotiable bill of lading.
- You can also opt for Sea way BL while filling the shipping instructions
- Alternatively, we can print the Negotiable Bill of lading on a dummy printer and perform “telex release” basis your instructions.
- We sign TDA (transport document agreement), so that customers are able to print original b/l in customer’s office on Maersk Line B/L forms.
North-West region and Moscow
- Office in Saint-Petersburg is open daily from 10:00 till 17:00. Skeleton staff in Import department will work on Monday, Thursday and Friday from 10:00 till 17:00. Skeleton staff in Export department will work on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 till 17:00.
- Moscow office is closed until further notice. Please surrender/receive OBLs and other documents in the nearest open Maersk office to you.
- FCT, PLP, Ust-Luga terminals are operational and customers can pick up cargo.
- Kaliningrad office open hours Monday-Friday from 9:00 till 15:00.
- Baltysk and Kaliningrad Sea Commercial Port are operational and customers can pick up cargo.
- Novorossiysk office is open. Skeleton staff in Import department will work on Monday, Wedenesday and Friday from 09:00 till 13:00. Skeleton staff in Export department will work on Monday and Tuesday 09:00 till 16:00.
- Terminals are operational and customers can pick up cargo.
- Not significant vessel delays expected due to bad weather conditions.
Far East region
- Offices in Vladivostok and Vostochniy are open from 10:00 till 14:00.
- Terminals in Vladivostok (VMTP, VMKT, Sollers) and Vostochny (VSC) are operational and customers can pick up cargo.
Port operations/vessel schedules
- All Ports are operational.
- We are abiding by all local regulations keeping in mind safety of our crew/ partners and cargo.
- Rail movement is not an issue so far as we see there are no restrictions on freight trains.
- We will continue to accept Import Store Door bookings and Import Shipments.
- It is business as usual, as no notice or communication has been received from Customs, Ports or Railway authorities so far.
We are in constant communication with our customers to optimize the deployment of available resources. Rest assured that we are making every effort to maximize our capacity to support your needs.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.