We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Malaysia.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Malaysia!
31 May 2021:
You would be aware of the growing situation regarding COVID-19 in Malaysia and lockdown will be implemented nationwide starting 1st June to 14th June 2021.
At present, Maersk Malaysia (is classified as essential services and will be allowed to operate during the lockdown period) are subject to a change in timing, since only some of our staff are in office based on local government guidelines and rest will be working from home.
To ensure smooth delivery of your cargo (only applicable for custom brokerage and land transport services), please share with us the approval from Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and/or respective relevant ministries prior to service request. Please visit the official website for more details click here.
During MCO (1st June 2021 to 14th June 2021), Maersk Malaysia Counters Operating Hours - 10am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4.00pm.
To make it easier for you to manage any situations remotely, we have the below recommendations
- If possible, move to handling shipments via waybills.
- In case you do require original bills of lading, we will be happy to assist with the below options
- Collect the bills of lading from our counters during operating hours
- Perform an “electronic release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with us and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone.
- Surrender of original bills would need to be done during counters operating hours
- Please share details of any payments made with us via e-mail – that is, any proof of payment such as a scanned copy of cheques deposited, electronic funds transfer receipts, etc.
- Delivery order requests can be raised via our self-service portal, Maersk website
Our warehouses, depots and trucking services are still open as normal hours.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we assure you that the safety of you, our customers and employees remain our utmost priority.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.