We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Malaysia.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Malaysia!
12 January 2021:
This advisory is to inform you of a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in Maersk’s One City, Subang office Block C, Counter in Malaysia on 12th January 2021.
We will carry out the course of action we have taken in line with our (A.P. Moller – Maersk’s) approach to Business Continuity and Incident Management. These global guidelines are in place to prepare our business for any disruptions, to care for our staff and ensure we are as ready as possible to continue running our business and serving our customers efficiently through unexpected circumstances.
Our Block C office will be closed to undergo a disinfection and sanitization process from 12th January till 14th January 2021 in accordance to Ministry of Health guideline.
You may proceed to Block D, for documentation transactions.
During MCO (13th January 2021 to 26th January 2021), Maersk Malaysia Counters Operating Hours - 10am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm
To make it easier for you to manage any situations remotely, we have the below recommendations
- If possible, move to handling shipments via waybills.
- In case you do require original bills of lading, we will be happy to assist with the below options
- Collect the bills of lading from our counters during operating hours.
- Perform an “electronic release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with us and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone.
- Surrender of original bills would need to be done during counters operating hours.
- Please share details of any payments made with us via e-mail – that is, any proof of payment such as a scanned copy of cheques deposited, electronic funds transfer receipts, etc.
- Delivery order requests can be raised via our self-service portal, Maersk website.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we assure you that the safety of you, our customers and employees remain our utmost priority.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.