We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Malaysia.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Malaysia!
31 March 2020:
In view of Malaysia Government's announcement on Movement Control Order (MCO) extended till 14th April 2020, we would also extend our documentation counters revised operational hours for all our offices in Malaysia effective 23rd March 2020 till 14th April 2020.
Maersk Malaysia Counters Operating Hours - 10am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm
To make it easier for you to manage any situations remotely, we have the below recommendations:
- If possible, move to handling shipments via waybills.
- In case you do require original bills of lading, we will be happy to assist with the below options:
- Collect the bills of lading from our counters during operating hours
- Perform an “electronic release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with us and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone.
- Surrender of original bills would need to be done during counters operating hours
- Please continue to submit any proof of payment as usual, via myFinance.
- Delivery order requests can be raised via our self-service portal, Maersk.com
Our warehouses, depots and trucking services are still open as normal hours. Access for visitors to all our offices is reduced only to those delivering/picking up documents/cargoes
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.