Revised regulation for Bill of Lading and Manifest of Import shipments of Scrap & Waste Commodities into Vietnam
We would like to express our sincere thanks for your continued support of Maersk.
Per the latest regulation from General Customs Department 35/TCHQ-GSQL for Bill of Lading and Manifest of import shipments into Vietnam, it is required to declare the following information on the Bill of Lading and import manifest for Scrap & Waste Commodities:
- Consignee/Notify party (only for Notify party if Consignee is To order/To order of bank)
Tax ID #
Import license number #
Bank Deposit number #
Full company name #
Full address details
(Bank deposit number, if not available at the time of Shipping instruction submission, must be provided to us 07 days prior to ETA at final discharge port)
- HS Code
HS must be at least 8-digit code
- Commodity name
Commodity name must be declared as per details of commodity name listed in the appendix of Decision No. 6889/TCHQ-GSQL. Please refer to HS code (column 3,4,5) and English name (column 7) in the attached file.
- Mandatory declaration on E-scrap by local consignee
Effective from 10th Dec 2018, it is strictly required for local consignee to declare their import shipments on E-scraps platform at least 2 working days before vessel arrival.
If the above requirements are not met, shipments will not be allowed to discharge at Hai Phong terminal. All costs (if incurred) will be for the account of consignee.
There are some additional notes that we want to bring you attention to ensure all details are strictly declared as per local rules:
- “#” is compulsory to separate above details
- Tax code is a sequence of number digits, excluding special characters (such as space, =, !, %, &, *, @, &,...)
- Import license must be valid and issued by Vietnam Ministry of Natural Resources and Enviroment
- Company name must be the same as shown on the Import license and Bank Deposit
- Cargo description must be short and clear, specifying nature of the goods, packaging type, number of packages, weight, …
Above new regulation is effective immediately for scrap & waste commodities. Failure to comply with above requirement will result in vessel being rejected by customs authority; thus, all on-board laden boxes will not be allowed to discharge at any Vietnam terminal.
We appreciate your kind attention to ensure full information is provided in shipping instruction (SI) with immediate effect.
If there are any further changes to above rules, we will keep you duly informed.
We sincerely thank for your co-operation and support. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com ; phone: +84 28 38238566