We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in South Korea.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for South Korea!
3 April 2020:
All Maersk Korea’s business operations are running as per normal, however all our employees, except a few essential colleagues, are working remotely from the safety of their own home. Please rest assured that we have adequate IT infrastructure to ensure we stay connected with our customers and deliver our usual high-quality service and support.
Bill of Lading issuance and Reception Desk
As communicated in our advisory dated 17 March, we are operating with adjusted work shifts at our Seoul and Busan offices for the safety of our customers and employees.
Seoul office: Mon-Fri (Except for Holiday) 10:00 a.m. -16:00 p.m. (12:00 p.m. -13:00 p.m., Lunch Hour)
Busan office: Mon-Fri (Except for Holiday) 10:00 a.m. -16:00 p.m. (12:00 p.m. -13:00 p.m., Lunch Hour)
- For any Original Bill of Lading submission (Delivery Order release for imports or telex release for exports) you will need to continue visiting the counters.
- We will waive all charges in case you opt for electronic release of Bills of Lading and amendment fee for change of Bill type.
- In case you are unable to visit our counters please write to KR.Import@maersk.com (Deliver Order release) and KR.Export@maersk.com (Telex release) and our Customer Service teams will be happy to assist you.
Bill of Lading issuance
- We encourage you to release Seaway Bill of Lading instead of Negotiable Bill of Lading.
- Alternatively, we can print the Negotiable Bill of Lading on a dummy printer and perform “telex release” of cargo to the consignee basis your instructions at no additional cost to you.
- Collect Bills of Lading from other locations (Out port or Destination offices in Maersk)
- For Certificate Issuance, we will release PDF certificates with E-Stamps
- Our Customer Service teams will reach out to you proactively and discuss plan of action for Negotiable Bill of Lading shipments.
Port operations/vessel schedules
- All ports in S.Korea are operational
- Some delays are expected on vessel operations due to shortage of terminal operators and internal transport vehicles.
- We are abiding by all local regulations keeping in mind the safety of our crew/ partners and cargo.
- Cargo Cut-off and all related changes will continue to be shared through emails or on our website on real time basis.
- Considering the developing situation across the world we anticipate vessel delays, extended quarantine, vessel omissions and other potential operational contingencies.
- Maersk will communicate contingency alternatives to best help you manage any supply chain challenges. These alternatives include
- Forward Storage at Container or Carton level – at Origin, in Transit or at Destination
- Depot Storage at Container level at Transhipment hubs
- Warehouse Storage at Purchase Order (PO) Level.
These offerings will significantly assist you and your business partners in addressing current supply chain needs. Should you have any questions or require additional information or support, please feel free to contact your usual Korea Sales Representative or contact our Sales team at KR.Sales@maersk.com
There have so far been no reports of any Maersk Korea employees being tested positive for COVID-19. As a company we have taken several precautionary measures to ensure we safeguard our employees’ health and safety and continue to manage our day-to-day operations with little or no impact to our customers’ supply chains.
Our Emergency Management Teams are monitoring the situation daily and we continue to review specific procedures and guidelines across all Maersk offices. All Maersk offices have solid Business Contingency Plan (BCP) ready, some of them being
- 100% Work from Home for all employees
- Ability to receive and respond calls (soft phone) from home
- Access to all Maersk systems from home ensuring uninterrupted service to our customers
- Operations Teams available on call (24/7) to handle all operational contingencies
- Constant communication and sharing of information between teams (across global organisation) through the use of internal CRM system.
Staying digitally connected with Maersk
Our standard channels of contact: Maersk.com, Phone, E-mail and Chat remain open. We recommend restricting phone calls to urgent enquiries and support and use our chat channel and self-service solutions on Maersk.com to the maximum extent possible.
Our tailored online services take the complexity out of shipping by letting you instantly book, manage and track shipments and much more.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.