Effective from August, 15th, 2019 (loading date), we hereby notify you the following change at our Import Combined Demurrage & Detention tariff calculation in Brazil.
Maersk will use a Progressive method to calculate demurrage and detention charges upon expiry of the free-time.
The tariff itself and the agreed free time will not be affected by this change.
To explain the new method:
- Progressive means: for customers with special deals, after the extended free time expires, any additional days will be subject to the demurrage and detention charges as per the relevant day count in our tariff tier structure. This means that the subsequent demurrage and detention charges beyond extended free time will not automatically be calculated basing on the tariffs of 1st tier.
- Please refer to the below table which shows the change using a hypothetical example of a customer with a special free time agreement for Dry 20´ in Brazil:
Important Notes - disclaimer:
- Import Combined Demurrage and Detention: from discharge full at terminal to container empty return.
- NOR is the same as DRY / DRY = 8'6 & 9'6
- SPEC = Flat Rack and Open Top.
- Charges in USD per calendar day (including weekends and holidays) after free time expires
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your local sales or customer service representative.
We would like to take this opportunity to once again say, thank you for doing business with us.