APM Terminals Inland Services joins Maersk’s Logistics & Services
To accelerate growth in logistics and services, the Inland Services portfolio of APM Terminals, a network of inland terminals around the globe consisting of 36 business units with over 100 locations, will join Maersk’s overall Logistics & Services, effective August 1st, 2019.
This is the next step by A.P. Moller – Maersk in becoming the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying the customers’ supply chain.
APM Terminals will fully focus on becoming the world-class port operator, serving shipping lines and landside customers, with services available on and around the port premises. By adding Inland Services into Maersk, this will give customers seamless access to a wider range of logistics & services offerings.
- APM Terminals will focus on becoming the world-class port operator, serving shipping line and landside customers with services on the port premises such as: traditional storage/terminal handling (THC) as well as newly developed services such as fast-gate, verified gross mass (VGM) and on-dock container freight shipping (CFS).
- Both Maersk and APMT Inland Services will continue to operate under the current brand name and meet all contractual obligations. Pre-existing customer contracts will remain unchanged. Invoices, contracts, products and services will continue to be delivered by the same legal entity.
- Inland Services is fully committed to continue serving its other shipping line customers with the same good services as today, and will continue to offer services such as depot, container maintenance & repair and transportation.
- Within the new structure, separate teams will be set-up to serve these customers to ensure full confidentiality vis-à-vis Maersk.
- The even closer collaboration will enable both APM Terminals and Maersk to reduce complexity and eliminate service overlaps and costs, so that both brands can focus on their core strengths and provide greater value and a better experience to customers.
You can find the press release on this news here.
Should you have any additional inquiries do not hesitate to contact your local Sales or Customer Services representative via maersk.com/contact.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and collaboration. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing working with you in the future.