Shipping to Singapore
Demurrage and Detention
Tariff charges effective 1 January 2017
Import : Customers will be offered Demurrage and Detention.
This means you will have separate free time and compensation for utilization of equipment inside (Demurrage) and outside (Detention) of terminals or depots, start - end event of Demurrage from the same date of “Full Container Discharged to Container Gate Out” and start - end event of Detention the same date of “Container Gate Out to Empty Container Returned”. Calculation method maintains as Progressive calculation.
Import Demurrage Tariff : : effective 1st April 2018
|Days (SGD)||20’ DRY||40’ / 40’HC||45’ DRY||IMO||20’ REEF/ Special||40’ REEF/ Special||40’ HREEF/ Special|
|Day 11 onwards||147||167||167|
|Day 4-10||44||85||85||Same as DRY|
|Day 21 onwards||100||125||125|
Import Detention Tariff : effective 1st April 2018
|Calendar Days (SGD)||20’ DRY||40’ / 40’HC||45’ DRY||IMO||20’ REEF/ Special||40’ REEF/ Special||40’ HREEF/ Special|
|Day 11 onwards||147||167||167|
|Day 5-10||44||85||85||Same as DRY|
*Import Detention free time of 4 calendar days excluded Public Holiday* is calculated from the same day of the laden container is Gate-out from the port.
If you have any further queries, please get in touch with your local Maersk representative or Maersk Customer Service.
A) Import Shipments
Consignee must :
1. Ensure that he receives the invoice/packing list from his supplier in order to process the import permits.
2. Check with his supplier if shipment is under original bills of lading, waybills or telex release arrangements.
3. Check on the estimated time of arrival (ETA) of his incoming vessels or subscribe to Changes in ETA Notification via Maersk website at www.maersk.com.
Before sending a Delivery / Release request, ensure that:
a) A Shipping instruction has been sent and the Bill of Lading has been processed.
b) All due payments have been made both by yourselves and the exporter at the origin end.
c) Original Bill of Ladings have been surrendered
In case a payment does not reflect in our system 24 hours after your request has been received, we would be requesting you to resubmit your request after ensuring the payment has been processed.
Kindly note to submit your OBL to our Maersk office and ensure payment is received prior to sending the template for cargo release.
B) For Inland Haulage arrangement of containers from Tanjung Pelepas into Singapore
1. Consignee arranges for a copy of the approved permit and email/ fax to Maersk Import Department to proceed with inland haulage arrangements.
2. Consignee to provide 24 hours prior notice on the required delivery date. Details such as delivery date, address and consignee's contact person to the Import department for trucking liaison.
3. Once the container has been unstuffed, consignee contacts Maersk immediately for container clearance.
If you have any queries on your import shipments, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Import Customer Service at :
Hotline : +65-63238323
Special cargoes - booking and handling
Special port/customs requirements
Transhipment containers must be declared to PSA 12 hours before the arrival of the import vessel into Singapore.
Local import containers requested for re-export must be declared 72 hours before the arrival of the import vessel into Singapore.
Customs procedures for import of dutiable/controlled cargo :
Prior to container clearance at the port, customs permits, IE (International Enterprise Singapore) permits or joint customs/IE permits as appropriate need to be processed via Tradenet. Invoices, packing list and bills of lading need to be available for the processing of the above permits.