Shipping to Nicaragua
Demurrage and Detention
Combined Demurrage and Detention (EXPORT)
|Free time||DRY||Flat & Open top||REEF||IMO|
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’ / 40’hc / 45' hdry||Flat & Open top||40’ REEF||IMO|
|Price from 11thday onwards||80 USD||80 USD||80 USD||100 USD||80 USD|
Effective January 1st, 2017
- Request booking by using one of Maersk Line's e-channels, or by sending an e-mail or fax to local Maersk Line Nicaraguan office, prior to booking a service contract should be agreed with sales department or quotation should be agreed with sales department. Should you be interested in further discussing one of our e-channels, please contact your closest Maersk's office or send an Email to email@example.com You may send the request to our export department's email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to +505 2255 9833. In case customer does not want to use any of our e-channels, Manual Booking Fee of USD 30.00 may apply.
- For further information, please send Email to our Export Department at email@example.com or call us at +505 2255 9848.
- Maersk Line in Nicaragua does not offer service from Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua; or Bluefields, Nicaragua.
- Cargo received in Nicaragua must be loaded at another Central American Port. Hence, weight restrictions, border crossing charges, customs (or other authority) charges may apply. Pleasecontactusfor up-to-date information.
- Coffee exports are not allowed to go through Costa Rica due to Costa Rican regulations. Thus, coffee exports must be exported via other Central American ports.
- Weight Restrictions: Maximum weight allowed is 21 tons for dry cargo and for reefer cargo. Overweight fines might be applied for exceeding these weights. Fines can range from USD 300.00 and up to USD 1000.00. Scales in Nicaragua weigh tare and cargo per axle basis. A fine may be imposed by authorities if cargo is not weight balanced correctly, even if total cargo does not exceed the maximum allowance of 21 tons. It is mandatory if the container is overweight between 21.5 and 23 tons the shipper must hired a tri axle chassis in the booking process (cost USD 275.00), If the container weights more than 23tons, the overweight must be strip before container gate out from Port. If the shipper dispatch and overweight container without notifying us and we are responsible of the trucking, then the shipper will be responsible of all the legal consequences and damages related to the overweight container in transit.
- Wood cargo or wood articles the inland is made by the shipper with the trucking company of their preference.
- Households for USA, are acceptable if the consignee is an authorized freight forwarder at that Country
- For more information about equipment dimensions and capacity go to:
Dry Equipment (Nicaraguan weight restrictions apply as per above )
Reefer Equipment ( Nicaraguan weight restrictions apply as per above )
Special Equipment ( Nicaraguan weight restrictions apply as per above )
Bill of lading restrictions:As part of the US Customs 24 Hour Rule regulations, 'To the order of' bills of lading are not accepted for shipments destined to the US or routed via US ports.
As per the local regulation, a container is considered as abandoned by the local authority when it reaches below amount of days after arriving at terminal as per below:
|Nicaragua||7 days||21 days|