Shipping to and from Cameroon
Your complete guide to shipping to and from Cameroon. Find the right route, get Maersk office locations, discover local solutions, payment options and more.
Get up-to-date local information about export procedures and restrictions, demurrage and detention, container pick-ups and more.
The free-times is 30 days free Detention for dry and special cargo and 20 days for reefer, starting from the day of gate out empty till the return full into the terminal. Demurrage Not applicable.
Afterwards following rates are applicable for Detention (XAF)
|Cargo type||20’ DRY/ 20’ Flat & Open top||40’ DRY/ 40’ HC /45’ DRY/40’ Flat & Open top||20 REEF||40’ REEF/40’ HREEF/45’ HREEF|
From Day 1 after free time expiry - onward
20’ DRY/ 20’ Flat & Open top
40’ DRY/ 40’ HC /45’ DRY/40’ Flat & Open top
40’ REEF/40’ HREEF/45’ HREEF
General booking procedures
The bookings have to be placed either:
- Via email to Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via our online booking application at Maersk
- via our booking application if you use Desktop Solution
- via fax: +237 33 42 11 86
Booking details have to be submitted in writing and have to contain all valid details like:
- cargo details (commodity, weight, measurement etc)
- container size
- number and type of containers to be booked
- discharge port
- vessel (and voyage) to ship on
- haulage details
- And any other important information
For carrier haulage bookings, we need a minimum of two days notice prior to the positioning date. Otherwise we cannot guarantee you to arrange your positioning as booked.
General documentation procedures
"All charges should be "collect" for freight term collect on Transport Documentation Instruction."
Shipping instructions have to be sent to Maersk Cameroon by one of the following ways:
- Via e-mail to Customer Service: email@example.com
- Via our online Shipping Instruction application at Maersk
- Via our Shipping Instruction application if you use Desktop Solution
- Via fax to: +237 33 42 11 86
Please note that by using the e-mail or the fax, your instruction are completely retyped and by using shipping instruction application on the web or on desktop solution, the instructions are taken over and are not changed in any way, unless by further notice from you.
|Equipment||Commodity||Weight limits||Special Cargo|
Aluminum containers and 45 foot containers are not accepted
As per container payload
IMO and OOG cargo is subject to Maersk in-house approval procedure