Maersk Customs Services in United Kingdom
Our Maersk Customs Services can help you with the complexities of border controls and customs regulations. For import and export cargos. At both - origin and destination.
Import customs clearance
Standard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT upon arrival in the country in scope to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.
- Full Import customs clearance
- Simplified customs clearance
- Customs & Port Authority inspections
Export customs clearance
Standard Declaration to Customs to gain permission to load the vessel & be exported outside of the EU.
A transit document allows the free movement of containers through European territories, suspending the payment of Duty and VAT until the destination.
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance
* Only with customs clearance
Additional Maersk Customs Services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk & control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Programme– Assistance with daily Maersk Customs Services activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness & guidance on FTA’s & preferential origins.
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Programme from our trained specialists.
* Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size & requirement – please refer enquiries to Maersk.
What is required to complete Maersk Customs Services?
Signed Direct Representation Letter
Please read, print & sign on company letter headed paper, and return to Maersk. This document is providing Maersk permission from you, to complete MCS on your behalf.
Mandatory documents required
- Signed Direct Rep Letter
- Commercial invoice(s)
- Packing list(s)
- Classification Number / HS code
EORI (Economic Operators Registration & Identification System) Number – is required to complete customs clearance. Please refer to the FAQ Section for more details
Additional documents (where applicable)*
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Health Certificates
- Preference Certificates
* Originals to be submitted to Maersk where necessary.
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.