Maersk Customs Services in Egypt
Our Maersk Customs Services can help you with the complexities of border controls and customs regulations. For import and export cargos. At both - origin and destination.
Local contact options
Please contact our customer service representative to include one of our Maersk Customs Service products in your supply chain.
Import customs clearance
Standard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT after physical inspection and GOEIC approvals, to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.
- Final import customs clearance
- Complicated customs clearance
- General authority of import and export control
Export customs clearance
Standard Declaration to Customs involves inspection to gain permission to load the vessel & be exported outside of the country.
- Export customs clearance
- Certificates of origin
- GGOEIC certificate depend on the product
A transit document don’t allows the free movement, while it request inspection and paying L/G to customs instead of cash duties until the shipment arrives to the destination.
Additional Maersk Customs Services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk & control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Programme – Assistance with daily Maersk Customs Services activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness & guidance on FTA’s & preferential origins.
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Programmed from our trained specialists.
* Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size & requirement – please refer enquiries to Maersk MCS team.
What is required to complete Maersk Customs Services?
Signed power of attorney (POA)
Not needed.Mandatory documents required:
- Legalized Commercial invoice(s)
- Packing list(s)
Not needed.Additional documents (where applicable)*
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Health Certificates
- Preference Certificates
*Originals MUST be submitted to Maersk MCS team.
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.
What is the Pricing / Cost of these services? What can hold up my Customs Clearance? What is an EORI Number and how do I get one? What is a classification number HS Code? Why do I need to provide a classification number HS Code? How will I know when my shipment has cleared customs? Who can I contact regarding my Customs Clearance? Who will invoice me for my Customs Clearance? I have a query regarding my Customs Clearance Invoice, who can I contact?