Shipping to Dominican Republic
Demurrage and Detention
|STANDAR FREE TIME - IMPORTS|
|Port/Terminal Names||All Ports|
|Valid to||31st December 2020|
|Charge Type||Import - Combined D&D|
Combined Demurrage and Detention
Our setup in Dominican Republic consist of Combined Demurrage & Detention.
This means you will have one combined free time period and compensation fee for utilization of equipment inside and outside of terminals or depots.
|Service Type Free Time||DRY||Special equipment||IMO||Reefer|
|Tariff per day after free time||DRY||Special equipment||IMO||Reefer|
|Day 9 to 15||72||72||72|
|Day 6 to 10||240|
Demurrage & Detention: will count from discharge full (included) to empty return (gate-in) of the equipment in terminal or depot
Special equipment: Open tops, flat racks and out of gauge cargo.
Non-Operating Reefer: DnD rules for Reefer equipment will apply to NORs as well.
IMO class (hazardous) is considered a separate type of cargo.
Note: Free time is granted by equipment type and all sizes are considered, example given DRY free time is applicable for 20, 40 & 45’ equipment.
Download : Import - Maersk - Dominican Republic
Special customs requirements
- For cargo release, customer must present to DR Customs: 2 OBL's, commercial invoice and packing list and payment of the corresponding duties.
- All manifest must be translated in to Spanish.
The 147 Law of General Customs bureau, effective July 5th 2002 has prohibited the import of used vehicles older than 5 years. Any car that not comply with this requirement will be confiscated and all charges will be under the responsibility of the car owner or the Shipping Line if this last one refuses to accept them.
For further information, please contact DO.IMPORT@maersk.com
- Wood: DR Customs just accepted this commodity from following countries Brazil (Belen, Breves, Vila do Conde, Itahi, Parana, Paranagua ports) Guatemala (Santo Tomas de Castilla Port) Nicaragua (Limon de Costa Rica) Peru (Callao) Canada (Quebec) Spain (Vigo) Argentina (Campana) Africa (Adbijan, Dhuala, Camerun, Ghana) Suriname (Niew, Acaribo) Colombia (Cartagena) and wood must be arrive fumigated.
- Fireworks & ammunition: DR Customs does not release cargo if customer does not have the proper permission from Police Authorities
- Foreign consignees are not allowed.