Shipping to Dominican Republic
Demurrage and Detention
|STANDAR FREE TIME - IMPORTS|
|Port/Terminal Names||All Ports|
|Valid from||1st January 2019|
|Valid to||31st December 2019|
|Charge Type||Import - Combined D&D|
|Transport Mode||All transport modes|
|Service Mode||All service modes|
|Freetime||DAYS||Calendar / Working||Same / Next day if after|
|STANDARD RATES APPLICABLE AFTER FREE TIME*|
|From (Days)||To (Days)||Rate for 20 DRY||Rate for 40/45 DRY||Rate for 20 REEF||Rate for 40 REEF||Rate for 20' Flat & Open Top|
|Tier 1||9||15||USD 72||USD 72||USD 72|
|Tier 2||16||Thereafter||USD 95||USD 95||USD 95|
|Tier 1||6||10||USD 240||USD 240|
|Tier 2||11||Thereafter||USD 264||USD 264|
NOR's are considered under DRY freetime (8 days) and will have a chargeable amount equal to DRY cargo.
Special customs requirements
- For cargo release, customer must present to DR Customs: 2 OBL's, commercial invoice and packing list and payment of the corresponding duties.
- All manifest must be translated in to Spanish.
The 147 Law of General Customs bureau, effective July 5th 2002 has prohibited the import of used vehicles older than 5 years. Any car that not comply with this requirement will be confiscated and all charges will be under the responsibility of the car owner or the Shipping Line if this last one refuses to accept them.
For further information, please contact DO.IMPORT@maersk.com
- Wood: DR Customs just accepted this commodity from following countries Brazil (Belen, Breves, Vila do Conde, Itahi, Parana, Paranagua ports) Guatemala (Santo Tomas de Castilla Port) Nicaragua (Limon de Costa Rica) Peru (Callao) Canada (Quebec) Spain (Vigo) Argentina (Campana) Africa (Adbijan, Dhuala, Camerun, Ghana) Suriname (Niew, Acaribo) Colombia (Cartagena) and wood must be arrive fumigated.
- Fireworks & ammunition: DR Customs does not release cargo if customer does not have the proper permission from Police Authorities
- Foreign consignees are not allowed.