How to Submit Shipping Instructions on Maersk.com
If you're in the shipping business, you know how important it is to manage your logistics efficiently. At Maersk, we recognize this and provide excellent digital solutions to simplify your business operations.
One of our key focus areas is simplifying the process of submitting and modifying shipping instructions. To assist you, we have created a step-by-step guide on how to accomplish this on our website, Maersk.com. Keep reading for more details.
|Shipping Instructions submitted
|Shipping Instructions amended
Shipping Instructions submitted
Shipping Instructions amended
Before we dive into detailed steps, here are some benefits of using our shipping instruction (SI) tool on Maersk.com:
1. Easy accessibility
Our digital solutions are accessible anywhere, 24/7. This makes it easy for you to submit and amend your shipping instructions whenever necessary.
2. Accurate data
Our platform provides you with the most accurate data of the highest quality. This ensures you stay informed about the status of your documentation and shipments.
3. Active notifications
Sign up and get notified when any important document (like the bill of lading or BoL) is available for review and verification. In addition, you get spam-free alerts when you need to take any actions from your end for faster processes.
4. Quicker turn times
When you submit your documentation for your shipping instructions on Maersk, it will either be instant or processed within 8 hours. Likewise, when you amend your shipping instructions or BoL, it will be processed instantly or within 1-3 hours. This is much quicker than if you were to email us or submit your documentation using any other method.
5. Live chat support
Our website has an excellent customer chat support tool available to assist you with any questions or issues you may encounter.
Now, let’s understand how easy it is to create and change shipping instructions on Maersk.
We’ll walk you through submitting your shipping instructions (SI) on the Maersk.com portal.
Step 1: Log in to Maersk
Log in to your account on Maersk.com. Once you're logged in, you'll see the hub. From here, you can access various tools and features.
Step 2: Toggle to the Task feature
One of the easiest ways to submit your shipping instructions is by using the "Task" feature. This feature shows you any tasks due within a specific timeframe, such as the next seven days.
If you have tasks due, you can filter them by task type or due date. You can further filter by ‘Submit Shipping Instructions’ under the task type. Now, simply click on the instruction you need to complete, and it will take you to the Shipping Instructions submit page.
Step 3: Get an overview through Shipment Details
Another way to submit your shipping instructions is through the shipment binder. When you click on any BoL in the export overview tab (under the ‘Manage’ menu), it takes you to the shipment binder. You also get the option to filter shipments by date or type.
The shipment details contain all the information and documentation related to that shipment. Scroll down to the ‘Submit Shipping Instructions’ button under the “tasks” feature. It’ll take you to the instructions page.
Step 4: Fill in your shipping instructions
On the SI portal, you will see various tabs related to different parts of your instructions. Right next to the B/L no., you get the option to split, part, or combine your BoLs.
Next, you can work on five different tabs:
- Under this tab, you can choose your document type (Bill of Lading or Waybill) along with release instructions.
- Another important feature here is Vessel & Location Aliases. It helps you input any specific location you want to be displayed on the documents.
- Next, you can request any additional items to be added to BoL, such as transit time, free days, or specific certificates. Save & Continue.
- Under this tab, you can see all the parties related to your shipment. Besides Shipper and Consignee, you can also add new parties (like forwarders) or references.
- We also give you the option to select a ‘First Notify’ party from here.
- For each party, you can edit how you want the address to be displayed on the documents. Save & Continue.
- Here you can add or remove payers and assign specific charges to certain payers at various stages.
- The charges will either be under ‘prepaid’ or ‘collect’ toggle.
- You can also choose whether you want these charges displayed on paper. Save & Continue.
4. Cargo & VGM
- In this step, you add cargo details and related instructions. If you need to upload details of multiple packages, we allow you to upload Excel files too.
- Begin by providing descriptions for each type of goods in your shipment, along with their respective HS code.
- Next, you can assign multiple descriptions to one container or leave it at one each. The system will have pre-validated container numbers based on how many containers you've selected.
- Add package weight and volume details using the Verified Gross Mass (VGM) method of your choice.
- Finally, check for seals and references based on the country regulations where you're shipping.
- Once you've reviewed the cargo details again, save and continue to the final review.
- In the review tab, you'll see an overview of all the instructions you've filled under different segments.
- You can choose to make any edits as required.
- Click submit if everything looks good! At the end of the review, you can also send the Verify Copy to additional email IDs.
Once we receive instructions, our team will review them. If everything is okay, you will receive a notification when your documentation is ready. In some cases, the verified copy is instantly issued. Submitting shipping instructions is that easy!
But what if you need to make any last-minute changes? After all, contingencies occur in shipping all the time. So let's learn…
Maersk allows you to quickly amend your shipping instructions by following these simple steps:
- Go to the Export Overview tab and then the Shipment Details for the specific shipment you have submitted instructions for.
- Under the Bill of Lading tab, you'll see the option to Amend the Verify Copy.
- Once you proceed, the steps to SI changes are similar to the ones listed above. You can directly go to the segment where you want to make changes (for example, Cargo & VGM) and edit accordingly.
- Once changes are done, check them in the review tab and submit the amendment.
Our team will review your request and process it within the given timeframe. Then, if everything looks good, we’ll send you a confirmation on your registered email ID.
Submitting or amending shipping instructions on Maersk is a quick and easy process. Since everything is online, you can avoid any hassles of paper forms and reduce the risk of errors or delays in the shipping process.
Whether you are a frequent shipper or just getting started, Maersk's user-friendly platform makes it easy to submit shipping instructions and keep track of your shipments — every step of the way. Discover a new way of shipping with Maersk. Register now!
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.