As communicated earlier, we will be undergoing a financial system upgrade to SAP S/4HANA in November 2023. While we are excited about the many benefits that this new system will bring to our operations, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you about upcoming changes and challenges that you may experience during the transition. The upgrade to SAP S/4HANA is a significant change that will require us to temporarily suspend some of our financial system functions during the transition. We understand that these delays can be frustrating and apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please note that due to this transition, there will be a system freeze from 17:30 CET on Friday, 3 November 2023 to 05:30 CET on Tuesday, 7 November 2023, and customers may experience delays in processing payments in the system from 7 November to 12 November 2023. Subsequently, cash customers will face delays in the release of their freight during this period.
Please note that the dates and times mentioned for the freeze period are subject to change.
To ensure a timely release of the freight release during the freeze period, cash customers are requested to follow the steps described below:
- Customers are requested to download the invoices from MyFinance before 3 November 2023, for the shipments to occur during the freeze period.
- For invoices that were not generated or in the case of advance DnD, please reach out to your regular contact person to obtain the invoice value.
- Customers are requested to make the payment well in advance (as per the regular mode of payment) and share the payment proof and remittance details with the finance team.
- Customers are requested to make full payments, so the manual processing time is reduced.
- Customers are requested to share the payment proof with remittance details through www.depositslip.com (for India only) or to their regular business address.
- The Maersk finance team, will check the remittance details and payment proofs, confirm the payment in the bank, and update the system for freight release.
- Once done, the finance team will revert to the customer accordingly through the respective channel, either through www.depositslip.com (for India only) or to their regular business address.
- After confirmation from the Maersk finance team, the customer can proceed to the cargo/BL release.
- Once the system is up after business cutover (05:30 CET on Tuesday, 7 November 2023), the finance team will post the payment in SAP S/4HANA and issue the posting document and payment receipts.
- Customers can reach out to the Maersk finance team for payment receipts after the cutover is finished.
Please note that the dates mentioned in this advisory are related to the upcoming system Go-Live. Our teams are dedicated to making this transition as smooth as possible for the parties involved. We will keep you informed about any updates or changes related to the upgrade.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to improve our financial system to better serve you.
This information is relevant for customers in the following countries:
Bangladesh, Bahrain, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Macau, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Yemen, and India.
Anything you need, we’re here to help
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.