Maersk Online Payment Options and Credit Card Surcharge Implementation
As a reminder, we’d like to advise you that we have several online payment options on Maersk.com including Smart Pay, a free and convenient ACH banking payment tool.
ACH (Automated Clearing House) allows you to easily extract funds from your chosen account to pay for your Maersk invoices. With an ACH bank payment, you will have control over when and how you wish to pay as payments are not automatically withdrawn from your account (no automated payments). This payment type comes free of any additional charges or fees.
To set-up ACH bank payments please visit: Payment setup
- Please have the following information available to set up your payments
- Bank routing number/transit number/ sort code
- Account number
- Bank statement or canceled check
- Authorizing an account
- In the “SmartPay” tab, all existing and newly added bank accounts that are maintained with Maersk will be displayed. You can choose any existing account per individual payment.
- After clicking into SmartPay, simply select the existing account to be authorized for payment.
Please note that, effective October 22, 2022, we are implementing a standard surcharge fee for credit card payments on Maersk.com (excluding online payments for Demurrage and Detention).
Credit card surcharge fees:
- 2.7% charge per payment – Domestic Visa & Mastercard
- 3.9% charge per payment - International Visa & Mastercard
- 2.9% charge per payment – American Express
Using SmartPay to process your payments, gets your cargo released much faster providing you with a better lead time. Please visit our Smart Pay FAQ section on Maersk.com for more information. You may also reach out to our Live Chat team with any questions.