Maersk France: NVOCC House Bill of Lading Submission Service
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations require for NVOCCs to file their cargo manifests with CBP prior to vessel loading. This requirement applies to any cargo loaded aboard a vessel that will call the U.S.
If you are a NVOCC licensed by or registered with the FMC, you may file your cargo manifest directly with CBP. In the alternative, you must provide the cargo manifest to an automated third party or to the Ocean Carrier to file on your behalf. In either case, you, the NVOCC, are the regulated party required to provide the cargo manifest information at the house bill of lading level via one of the above-described filing methods.
Maersk requires that house bill of lading information be provided as instructed below
- If your intent is to submit House Bills of Lading to US Customs directly as an authorized Automated NVOCC/self-filer, then your shipping instructions must indicate the word “NVOCC or SCAC” to indicate the bill type as master.
- If your intent is to have Maersk submit House Bills of Lading, then your shipping instructions must indicate the word “NVOCC or SCAC” for the master bill type as outlined in 1 above. The associated house bills must be included with the master shipping instructions.
- Master Shipping Instructions sent via the different e-channels should mention the word “NVOCC or SCAC” to indicate the bill type as master in free text
- Maersk’s customers – can use the new feature of Master selection option via “Additional References” - Maersk website.
- INTTRA - Shipper’s Memoranda, Additional Comments
- EDI - Shipper’s memoranda
- EDI – Only, customers who do not have free text option in the Shipping Instruction can use the “cargo description” to provide the information.
- House bill filing requests received post document cut will not be accepted.
Effective September 1, 2021, Maersk will increase the fee for the service of transmitting your House Bill of Lading to USD 50 per bill of lading.
For full information about our local charges, please visit us at Maersk website.
We thank you for your business and look forward to serving your future global transportation needs.
Remember, our customer service and commercial teams are always available to support you whenever you need us.