Maersk Spain - Temporary closing of Madrid Counter Customer Alternatives
Due to the impact of winter storm Filomena, our counter of Madrid will be closed until further notice. This way we avoid unnecessary movements and avoid dangerous situations due to current conditions generated by the snowstorm over the weekend.
In order to make it easier for you to address your document management, BL issuing and releases we remind you of following alternatives
- Use any of our other counters in Spain such as: Barcelona, Valencia, Algeciras, Vigo, Las Palmas, Tenerife y Ceuta.
- Documentation management remotely. Please follow below recommendations
In prevision of impossibility of providing with BL Maersk original paper or printing BLs from our Madrid office due to courier service interruption
- If possible, move to handling shipments via waybills.
- In case you do require original bills of lading, Maersk will be happy to assist with an “electronic release” / “Telex release” of bills of lading – where we will keep the original bills of lading with Maersk and allow release of cargo to the consignee / nominated party on your request alone. Alternatively, it can also be printed out at destination to the Customer designated by you.
Currently our offices are open for Original BL reception except madrid. In the event of alterations, we would inform you via our site www.maersk.com and also about alternative ways for remote cargo release. We strongly recommend you ask your Agents or Shipper at origin to issue BLs in Sea Way Bill mode or perform Telex release in your favor to minimize document exchanges.
Other Online Solutions
In addition to the documentation alternatives, we remind you that you can manage all your shipments through our web site and hereby we remind you of the most used online links
- In your Maersk Customer Site you can manage your bookings, Shipping Instructions, BL Amendments and more! using Maersk Login.
- Same way, you can always find local information on our Maersk Spain website.
Remember, our customer service and commercial teams area always available to support you whenever you need us.