As part of our commitment to improve Customer Experience in Maersk Philippines, we are happy to announce that starting November 2, we will issue periodic billings/invoices with regard to your Import Demurrage and Detention. This will be sent after your agreed freetime until the empty containers have been surrendered. Previously, only one invoice was sent after empty containers are returned.
With this change, kindly see the below benefits of this new Periodic Billing
- To help you to control your costs and releases of containers effectively.
- To avoid surprises on your detention invoices.
- To make regular payments and avoid huge debts.
- To raise and attend to your disputes timely, if any.
To guide you, kindly see the sample illustrations of this new Billing process
- If your shipment has standard free time, and you are not able to release and return the containers until the 40th day, you will receive 4 invoices periodically and need to pay the same within the due date indicated in each of the invoices.
5th and last DnD invoice will be received once empty container has ben returned.
- If in case your shipment has standard free time and you are able to release and return the containers on the 14th day, you will only receive 2 DnD invoices; 1 invoice in the 14th day and 1 invoice until return date.
Furthermore, the payment options still remain and need to follow the same procedures as follows
- Include the Bill of Lading number
- Send us the deposit slip or proof of payment for your Import Demurrage &Detention. Email Address : PH.IMPORT@MAERSK.COM
- Please include the correct institution code when making BDO payments
- Maersk Filipinas Inc – 0404
- When payment is posted, please expect to receive the official receipt (OR) within 48 hours. ORs will always be named under the invoice party.
Same process as how you pay for your freight, BL/invoice number is important to indicate in your payment details and need to send your payment proof to us otherwise, we will have delay per below
- Your payment will not be acknowledged and cannot be posted.
- It will cause delays in issuing official receipts (ORs) or delivery orders (DOs).
- Your account may show up as having outstanding payments – this applies to all billings you will receive, e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th invoices.
In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your local Maersk Customer Service Representative through the following channels
Tel: +63 2 7976 9590 (MNL) / +63 32 230 2303 (VIS) / +63 82 272 7303 (MIN)
On behalf of Maersk, our warmest gratitude that you have continuously entrusted your cargoes with us.