Maersk Customs Services in Maldives
Local contact options
Please contact our customer service representative to include one of our Maersk Customs Service products in your supply chain.
Commercial Export customs clearance
- Custom Clearance/Agency Charges for Out-bound FCL
- Cargo going out of Maldives (please see the disclaimers mentioned below)
Commercial Import customs clearance
- Custom Clearance/Agency Charges for In-bound FCL
- Cargo coming into Maldives (please see the disclaimers mentioned below)
- Receptible charges are passthrough and payable at actual.
- For any additional/adhoc service, relevant charges will be applicable.
- This offer is not applicable for project cargo.
- Export on Re-Import basis & Restricted Items are not considered.
- This offer is applicable for General Items such as garments, apparels, man-made staple fibres, textiles, cotton piece goods, vegetable textile fibres, paper yarn, woven fabrics of paper yarn only.
- Its subject to the presence of all required clean documents.
- Non-traditional commodities are not covered by this offer.
- Commodities excluded: Metal Scrap, Wastepaper, Timber, Agri products, Personnel and personal effects, Used Goods, Foodstuff, Rejected re-import, Furniture, Traded Commodities & Toys.
- Insurance for the cargo to be covered by Consignee / Importer during transit and at all time.
- Any other statutory VAT/Taxes will be levied extra as per Maldives Government regulation.
- All Services provided by MAERSK are subject to MAERSK Group standard trading conditions.
- All the charges will be billed in USD.
- For the first shipment handling it will take at least 7 days for shipment processing and necessary code creation for billing/other system update after getting all required data/info.
Additional Maersk Customs ServicesBeyond acquiring clearances, we also offer requirement-based consultation and procedural assistance for your cargo:
- Issuance of Certificate of Origin (COO) - You may be required to declare that your cargo is produced in a specific country, to determine whether it's eligible for entry or entitled for any preferential treatment.
- NOC from Assistant Drug Controller - If your cargo comprises of chemicals then we can help in obtaining the NOC at the port, which serves as a concrete proof for undergoing the necessary quality checks.
- Phytosanitary certificate - Consignments containing perishables undergo isolated tests to ensure that they are disease and pest-free.
- Importer Registration - We help you with the Importer Registration from the local Customs office. Without this one-time registration, Customs Entry is generally not processed by the customs.
- Duty consultation - We provide consultancy services for goods classification & duty applicable
- Export incentive consulting - We offer consultation in Export Incentive for Exports.
- Import license registration - To make imports easier in the future, we help the first-time importers in acquiring licenses from local Customs authorities.
What is required to complete Maersk Customs Services?
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Price accepted commercial invoice (price shall be provided in F.O.B term)
- Goods Declaration form (online submission via ASYCUDA World)
- Permits from relevant government authorities for goods requiring such permit for exportation
- Proforma fish export (required only when exporting of live fish or groupers)
- Copy of Export Permit
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Original Bill of Lading
- Copy of Company Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Origin/Catalogue/Literature
- Documents stating the costs borne by the buyer and the seller stated in the Pre-valuation form
- Pro-forma invoice or the purchase order
- Original of Certificate of Origin, if preferential rate of duty is claimed
- Insurance Certificate
- Permits from relevant government authorities for goods requiring such permit for importation
- Any other relevant documents.
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.
What can hold up my Customs Clearance? What is a A Pre-payment scheme? Why is registration with Ministry of Economic Development (MED) required? What is a classification number HS Code? Why do I need to provide a classification number HS Code? Who will invoice me for my Customs Clearance? I am not sure how to classify new products. Can you help? How do I set up an account?