Maersk Customs Services in New Zealand
Our Maersk Customs Services can help you manage the complexities of border controls and customs regulations. Partner with our team of experts and let us manage your end to end services to make shipping easier. Our services will cover both your Import and Export cargo at Origin and Destination.
Choose Maersk for Maersk Customs Services and let us manage the rest.
Local contact options
Import Customs Clearance
Our team offers a range of services to take the stress away from clearing your import cargo. The core import product includes:
- Full Import Biosecurity and Customs Clearance
Export Customs Clearance
For the full export customs clearance process you can rely on our experienced team to navigate you through the complexities. The core export product includes:
- Full Export Biosecurity and Customs Clearance
Through customs document auditing and reporting, we can ensure the correct duty amount is applied to import shipments.
- Compliance Auditing of Documents
- Duty Reporting
- Tariff Concessions and Valuation Advice
Additional Maersk Customs Services
Our MCS team are well equipped to handle a variety of other customs services including:
- Customs Clearance Consultation
- Internal Audits for Customs Clearance Accuracy
- Customs Trade Compliance
- Duty Drawbacks
- Valuation Advice
- TSW (Trade Single Window) Applications
- MPI (Ministry of Primary Industries) Fumigations or heat treatment arrangements if applicable
What is required to complete Maersk Customs Services?
Mandatory documents required:
- Airway Bill or Bill of Lading
- Commercial Invoice(s)
- Packing List(s)
Quarantine Declaration (Applicable to FCL – full container load shipments only)
- ATF (MPI Approved Transitional Facility) code for the FCL container unpack location
Additional Documents (Applicable for High Risk Cargo)
- High Risk commodity categories: Foods (incl. fish, honey, beef, pork and citrus), Wooden products, Forestry Products, Used Machinery, Medical Goods, Chemicals, and Plant Material Products.
- Health Certificates
- Certificates of Origin
- Manufacturer's certificate
- Fumigation certificate
- Phytosanitary Certificate
- Dangerous Goods Certificate
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.