Maersk Customs Services in Netherlands
Local contact options
Import customs clearance
Standard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT upon arrival in the country in scope to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.
- Import customs clearance
- Simplified customs clearance
- Customs & sanitary, phytosanitary & veterinarian inspections
Export customs clearance
Standard Declaration to Customs to gain permission to load the vessel & be exported outside of the EU.
- EX – A / EU – A documents
- Certificates of origin / ATR / EUR.1 / Legalizations
A transit document allows the free movement of containers through European territories, suspending the payment of Duty and VAT until the destination.
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance
** For deliveries arranged by Maersk Group only
Additional Maersk Customs Services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk & control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Program – Assistance with daily Maersk Customs Services activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness & guidance on FTA’s & preferential origins.
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Program from our trained specialists.
- Bonded Warehouse solution – Complex customs solution on our owned bonded warehouse
Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size & requirement – please refer enquiries to Maersk.
What is required to complete Maersk Customs Services?
Signed Direct Representation Authorisation / Power of Attorney (POA)
Signed by the buyer & on Company Letter Headed paper. This grant’s permission for Maersk to complete MCS on behalf of the applicant and provides the required details to enable internal account creation.
Mandatory documents required:
- Signed Direct Representation Authorisation / POA
- Fiscal Representation Contract (if applicable)
- Assignment Contract (Transit)
- Dual Use (mandatory for import / export)
- Declaration of conformity (mandatory for import / export)
- Commercial invoice(s) incl. INCO term
- Packing list(s)
- Classification Number / HS code
The buyer must have a valid EORI and VAT number to hold a solid audit trail with customs authority and tax office & to be eligible to claim back any potential VAT paid.
Additional documents (if applicable)
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Arrival Notice / Airway Bill
- Health Certificates
- Preference Certificates
*Originals to be submitted to Maersk Customs Service department
- HS code provided by Customer
- Not included: Phyto documentation/inspections; Health Certificate; Scanning; Physical inspections; drayage, port charges, demurrage and detention, port transit documentation, classification or additional consultancy services
- Subject to Maersk Trading Conditions
- Use of Maersk deferment Account is subject of capital advance fees
For Abbreviations & Explanations, please check shipping terms.