What should I do if I suspect a phishing scam?
If you suspect you've encountered a phishing email or fake website, consider the following:
- Do not provide any personal or financial information.
- Contact your Maersk representative directly if you received an email or message claiming to be from a specific organisation, contact them directly through their verified contact information to verify the legitimacy of the communication.
- Keep an eye on your accounts: Monitor your bank and credit card statements regularly to detect any unauthorised activity. If you notice anything suspicious, report it to your financial institution immediately.
- Update your passwords on Maersk: If you've entered your credentials on a suspicious website, change your passwords for the affected accounts as soon as possible.
- Remember, staying vigilant and cautious while browsing the internet is crucial in protecting yourself from phishing scams and other online threats.
Look out for these clues and remember to:
- Pause before taking any action
- Think does this sound legitimate? Does something seem off?
- Protect yourself and the company by reporting anything suspicious
Sorry there was an error
Was this information useful?
Thanks for your feedback!
Sorry we couldn't help more, please review the related FAQs below.
We're sorry you were unable to find what you wanted to today
Please use one of the below options to contact our Customer Experience teams
New to Maersk.com?
Step by step guides to get started using our digital services.