Technician - Pipeline
• This position is primarily responsible for planning and monitoring preventive and corrective maintenance and repair activities focused on improving the performance and reliability of all equipment.
- Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and or remedial works of CHE are maintained in a cost-effective manner, with consideration of max reliability and availability of the equipment
- Ensure that emergency work is followed up by reporting to Shift engineer.
- To carry out maintenance repairs, Breakdowns, Inspections and monitoring for the Terminal Equipment
- Assume additional responsibility for maintenance in the absence of Shift engineer.
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment
- Submit routine and critical inspections and monitoring reports by ensuring accurate and updated information.
- Ensure work in conformity with safety rules and regulations
- Carry out those duties assigned by the Shift engineer.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to Shift engineer.
- Ability to learn and perform other related activities.
- Ensure the interim of shift engineer during his absence.
- Additional duties can be assigned
- Understand and follow the company’s safety system
- Protect one self and those around from unsafe acts.
- Actively participate in contributing to zero accidents.
- Report any unsafe acts.
- Alert to risks and unsafe acts that could result in an accident.
- Participates in safety walks and HSSE initiatives
- Participates in OS implementation
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment
- Has a continuous improvement mindset
- Follows directions and meets timelines as required
- Has good knowledge of the functional area and understands the overall nature of the business.
- Requires a BAC+2 and additional vocational/technical education – diploma in Electrical (preferred Electro mechanic / Automation). Any additional training in PLC/Drives/Electrical fields in any heavy industries.
2-3 years relevant work experience in an industrial machinery environment - marine port terminal preferred.
- Must be able to replace/repair/adjust any major Electrical/Electronic parts such as Motors, Transformers, Drives, PLC…etc.
- Able to interpret Electric, Electronic, PLC diagrams.
- Familiarized with instrumentation and special tools.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Knowledge of general supervisory principles is an advantage
- Must have a cordial working relationship and effective communication skills with other staff.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities
- Works shift working hours
- Maintains high energy levels over long periods of time
- Requires provisional verbal and written communications skills in English, Computer & Software skills in addition to interpersonal skills.